musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, December 09, 2005

Let it snow, for the love of man, let it snow!!!

Ok- so yet again Nashvegas and all of Tennessee missed the snowstorm of the year! My friend lives out in Missouri and she got a ton of it...I know this b/c she sent me pictures... Being from the south, she was so excited, much to her dismay, none of her co-workers were the least bit excited, they all stared at her like she was a one woman freak show....

And why do the news stations around here use those STUPID teases leading into the newscast saying something like "the snow storm of the century is headed east but we're not out of the woods yet" knowing full well that all we are going get is rain... and why so I STILL get so mad when I wake up in the morning AFTER the weather bafoons have predicted snow, only to see wet streets!! It makes me crazy.... I think it's cruel and it should be punishable by law!!

And the mass exodus towards any and all grocery stores?? To get what, bread and milk (sorry PK, but after reading your post, I had to write about this)?? This is the most insane thing I've ever heard!!! You get bread and milk so you can make what, milk sandwiches?? Hellfire, I'm going to the store to buy the biggest bag of doritos I can find, some moon pies and some beer! To hell with bread and milk!

I guess I'm still a kid at heart and I want my snow days!! I remember when I was little and it would snow tons!! My momma would dress me up (picture the kid in A Christmas Story) and send me out in the snow to play with my friends all day.. We would play until it got dark, I never remember being cold, just having so much fun sledding, making snow angels and having snow ball fights... Momma would make me come in through the back door into the kitchen so I would get the carpet wet... she would strip me out of the wet clothes and send me right into a hot bath... It was awesome...

So I'm still hoping for snow!! So let it snow, for the love of man let it snow!!!

20 Comments:

Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Snow is fun.

2:55 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

CS- what a profound statement, thanks precious...

5:48 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Snow gud!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Me like snow.

10:04 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:49 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I am obviously on crack.
The deleted comment was me.
I'm INSANE . . . totally blaming it on the family and pain meds . . . and posted my answer with the thought of you being in LITTLE ROCK and not NASHVILLE, TN.

Don't ask. Don't ask. I will tell you all about it on the phone. Too long to type.

1:00 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

y'all are all insane...

3:06 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Nah, not insane.
Just in LURV.
With you.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Ah, me too-lurv!

4:32 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Well, I lurv y'all too!!

7:08 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

We know you do, sugar pie.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

LOL-lurv all around! Who's in the middle this time?

11:42 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

This is my site so it's me of course!!! I like the middle...

12:13 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Oh, wait . . oh hell no.
You can't get middle.
That means all I get is GIRL.
Why can't we put the sexy soldier in the middle???

Please, please, please?

1:48 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

NOPE, my site, my rules....

4:15 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Beachgirl's no fun sometimes.
She bogarts the boys.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

How about the sexy airman? I'd like to be in a Eunuch sandwhich.

4:02 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

That goes without saying...

6:37 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Nah, PK . . . we just talk a lot of trash.

Men don't read Harlequin novels, so Beachgirl and I do our best to give our boys some trashy entertainment while overseas.

Good to know we're doing well! :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Pk- thanks for visiting.. if you think this is bad go check the line under my GRITS posting...You ain't seen nuthin yet!!

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home