musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

She was hinting about it...

Ok, so meg calls me today..
Meg: remind me not to punch my father out...
(there she goes again, wanting to beat up men!!)
Me: why would you want to do that?
Meg: Cuz he wants me to buy mom a pair of 2 carat diamond stud earings (b/c she's been hinting about it) and he's willing to chip in a couple hundred bucks... How much do they cost anyway??

NOW THAT'S A LOADED QUESTION, how much do they cost??

So I get to work and start researching b/c apparently no one is at work today and I refuse to do anything that remotely resembles work...

So here it is just in case you were wondering...

From Tiffany's (my most favorite store in the whole wide world)
Tiffany diamond studs, for pierced ears. Round brilliant diamonds, carat total weight .90, color grade E, clarity grade IF. Set in platinum. This item comes with a Tiffany Diamond Certificate.
$12,000..

From Zales (ewwwww)
1-1/2 CT. T.W. Round Diamond Solitaire Stud Earrings in 14K White Gold
Reg. $4285.00
Now $2999.99

Each earring has one round diamond in a 14K white gold 4-prong setting. The earrings include a screw back to insure a secure fit..

Meg- I'm thinking the $500 handbag is sounding better all the time... If your daddy is anything like mine, who called me Sunday evening with an urgent message to call him... Yeah, I'm thinking someone is DEAD, but no, he just wants me to find EVERYTHING UT for my worthless stepsister's kid. So I should stop what I am doing and find everything now! Well you know what, he has the same internet access that I do. But what am I doing instead of telling him to do it himself?? The same thing Meg is doing for her daddy, doing it for him...Does that make us very good daughters or just extremely stupid??

Oh yeah and my dad doesn't pick up on the hints I dropping... Like, "daddy, I'm using the same computer from college, it's awful... I would really like to have a laptop, but I just can't afford it" . His response, "yeah, I was thinking of getting one myself".... ARGHHHH!!! MEN!!! Sometimes they can be so dense...

So ladies, quit dropping hints and drop a brick on their head with a note attached telling them EXACTLY what you want (where to get it and how much it's going to cost them)...

19 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Yeah, so you already know this . . but I totally dropped TOO MUCH DAMN MONEY buying her the earrings. And daddy TOLD ME TO. And THEN informed me later on tonight that he would give me $700 towards them and then my bro and I should split what's left as our gift to her!!!

NEVERMIND that I've already dropped $400 on OTHER things for her and was willing to throw in $200 on the earrrings but HOLY JAYZUS . . NOW I'm stuck with MUCH MORE than $200 and not a prayer in hell of getting the money from my lil bro who already OWES me $500 for bailing him out of financial trouble ALL THE TIME.

ARGH! The things we do for our families! MEN!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Yes girls, Men don't do subtle. Dropping careful hints doesn't work, only a list with specifics (preferably web links) and sizes. Oh colors too.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Gotta agree with Kate...just tell us...EXACTLY. Page number would also be nice, and no, you're NOT getting anything from Tiffany's for Christmas!

8:11 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Meg- talked to you last night I got nuthin for ya this am...

Kate-how's the move?? You are so right

E- Now you're just being mean!

Pk- Tiffany's is just Tiffany's...

Good news though, I told daddy I wanted a laptop- and I'm getting it!! Whoo-hoo!!

5:56 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Way to be direct, sweetie!! Good job.

Now if I could just tell daddy that the ONE thing I want for Christmas is to NEVER have to do his and my brother's errands again! (seriously, they haven't bought mom a gift since . . . I was 14 and got my hardship license)

6:01 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Gurrl!! I only got the greenlight AFTER I found complete UT bedding for my worthless stepsister's kid..

I'm sending you an email, if you don't get it, call me... we need to talk!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

Yeah, I agree with the rest of you - we are not good at picking up subtle hints.
That being said, my wife went one step further...she called me one day and told me she was going to the jewelry store and for me to meet her there. She was showing me the EXACT ring she wanted! It worked.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

pk: I don't want anything from Tiffany's. But you still haven't met a girl who didn't. As far as I'm concerned jewelry would cut into the amount of books and CDs I could get.

Beachgirl: I'm spending the day in a motel room with my kids while all my worldly goods are being crammed into a truck. But, I'm not too bad. It's surprisingly peaceful here.

Meg: You can deck a grown man but you can't tell your Dad to do his own shopping? I couldn't do it either. You truly are a southern girl. LOL.

Speaking of Southern: Is it proper netiquette to address specific people when it's not my blog. ;-)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Well I know it's not proper to exclude anyone.....so good for you Barry S. way to make your wife happy.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

kate,
Thank you for not excluding me!

Your manners are of a true Southern Belle.

10:12 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

kate Honey, we are family here, address away...

11:00 AM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

BG-It's ok-we are stupid. Just tell us.

Meg-it's a two way street-my big sis owes me way more than that.

Kate-I like you more and more everyday. Books and cds are so much more interesting than jewelry (and costs way less!!) LOL-I'll never let Yoss crack on you. And you're forgiven for trying to marry me by proxy. She really is a nice girl.

11:18 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:49 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Ok y'all, the comment I deleted was EXTREMELY cady so I had to remove it.....

Precious- What have I told you about discussing other girls here?? SO NOT ALLOWED!!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Uh, what do I have to talk about then??

1:05 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

LMAO- you are precious- I feel certain you are smart enough to discuss other topics...

1:14 PM  
Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Football? beer? sex? all of the above at the same time?

1:35 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

All of the above, at the same time...
E's going to flip when he sees this one.. he already adores me for the "woman" room I want to build in my house..

2:14 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Again- I gotta go to Bible study.. and my stupid computer at home is busted so I can't come out to play tonight...Meg will have to keep you entertained... and E's at work...maybe he can entertain you...Ewww, forget I said that...

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home