musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, April 17, 2006

Fantastic Weekend


I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Mine was filled with many blesssings, too many to count really. Of course one of the most wonderful blessings was having my mom here; here visiting and just here as in being alive. After what we went through last summer I could have easily have spent the Easter weekend mourning the loss of my mother, but b/c of God's Grace and the wonderful doctors that saved my mom's life, we celebrated Easter together. She is truly a blessing.

As I mentioned in my last post, my house did not pass the white glove test. But for the love of man, how could ANYONE pass her test?? I know I said I would be working like a Hebrew Slave, but I'm sorry to say it was the other way around. It's not that I just sat there and watched her work, but she is like a cleaning maniac.. Seriously, she's like OCD about it.. She cooked Sunday lunch for me and some of our other friends. It was de-lish... We had ham, green beans, cream potatoes, cole slaw, yeast rolls and some kind of strawberry dessert. It was so great having her here..

Another blessing to count is my friend from the 101st, I have mentioned him in previous posts, we'll call him RG came home a day early for his R&R. I was so surprised when the phone rang and it was him!! I had been worried that I might not get to see him while he was home, just b/c he has so many friends and family to catch up with.. But he wanted to hang out, so he drove down to Nashville last night and we went to dinner... It was a little wierd at first b/c I just didn't know what to say (I know, me at loss for words?? but it was so true).. We went to a little mexican place near my house and had a pitcher of margaritas, once we sat down we were back to normal and we talked about everything, just like we used to do... We left the resturant and went driving.. He has a SWEET BMW, we listened to music, and sang out loud to all the songs... It's like my favorite thing we do together. It seems so simple but sometimes it's the simple things that mean so much. We drove around for like 45 min or something like that, then we went back to my house. He showed me all of the pictures from his deployment. All of it was very interesting.. I just enjoyed hanging out with my good friend, realizing how much I really have missed him... It was almost 1:00 when he left. I gave him a big hug and thanked him for a wonderful evening... He will be home until the 1st, I'm not sure if I will get to see him before he goes back but it's fine, he will be home for good in about 4 months, then we will have all the time in the world to hang out and continue with our amazing friendship that is truly a blessing from God..

As I said before I have so much to be thankful for, and to an amazing God above I give thanks!!

Love y'all
~Beachgirl

7 Comments:

Blogger jpasalakis said...

Yeah for RG! I'm glad he got to come home a day early and you guys got to see each other. I know he has a special place in your heart and having him safe at home is a true blessing. I'm so excited that he will be home for good very soon....I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS IN YOUR EASTER OUTFIT!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Easter bonnet! :)

I'm so glad you got to see RG. I know you were thrilled. I know you'll be glad when he's home for good.

12:05 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Girls, it was great to see him, and he looked great! I was so afraid he would be really thin and gaunt, be he just looked as handsome as ever...
We just had a really nice time, this whole friendship thing is really working for me... hehehehe..

Thanks for the compliments on the outfit, you know for white trash like me, I guess I clean up pretty good...

Please do keep him (and all of the other servicemen and women)in your prayers, I know he appreciates it very much..

12:17 PM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful Easter weekend by all. That is fantastic to hear!

By the way, who is that gorgeous woman in the hat?

Have a great day, beachgirl!

1:42 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Oh barry, how you do flatter me!! You are the sweetest... That reminds me, I need to pop over to your site to see how you are doing!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Just to echo what the others said and what I said in my email - I'm am SO, SO happy for you that you got to see RG this weekend. And you DO look fabulous!

8:42 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

lizzie- thanks sweetie.. like I said, our visit was great and it's kind of like R&R for me b/c I don't have to worry about him for two weeks.. But then again, I still have to worry about CS, Eunuch, and Rolli, my prayer list just gets longer and longer...

Thank you for the compliment, although my posture could have been better... Like my grandmother always said, pretty is as pretty does...

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home