musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A bed of roses

So I have been obssessing over the fact that no one commented on my last post. I talked to my mom about it and her response, "honey, it's just too sad, people want to read about happy or funny things".... I thought about that statement for a while and then became a little irritated. No, life is not always a bed of roses and I wish I could always write about happy things because in general my life is great... But there are some issues and events that need to be talked about. Like the coal miner's in West Virginia, or the victims of Hurricanes, and especially my fellow Tennesseans, I have great concern when tragedy strikes... and asking for prayer is the one thing I can do to help...

I am not going to apologize for anything I write on this blog and from here on out I don't really care if anyone comments... I am writing this for me, no one else. We've all talked about how the blogs sometimes take over our lives, a good friend even deleted his blog b/c he said it was interferring with his everyday life... I totally get that. Just yesterday I deleted my comments from a friend's page because I felt like he didn't want me to comment there anymore. Simply because he has been responding to another bloggers comments and not mine... It's so completely ludacris and silly on my part, but he always used to respond to my comments but stopped recently and it hurt my feelings. Why did it hurt my feelings? I don't know, blame it on hormones, or the fact that I consider this person my friend and when a friend stops talking to you, it hurts a little... I'm sure he didn't do it to hurt me, and I'm sure he's not mad at me, but like I said, blogs make you lose your mind for a minute...

So if you want to leave me a comment, great, if not, that's fine... But just remember, life's not always a bed of roses and when a tragedy occurs you better know that beachgirl is probably going to write about it. Things like coal mining accidents, hurricanes, tornadoes or other unexpected events that occur break my heart because people's lives are turned upside down and they deserve our thoughts and prayers..

9 Comments:

Blogger Drunken Chud said...

well, i personally know that i didn't comment cuz there was nothing to say on the issue. you pretty much said it all.

9:12 AM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

This blog is exactly why I love you! I love that fact that you get so emotional over things that may not directly effect you, but are nonetheless important events that effect many others. Your compassion for others is not something to be ashamed over and I applaud your heart-filled blogs. Keep on being you.

10:29 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

chuddy- thanks darlin, it's ok, sometimes I just get a little worked up.. hope you're well!!

Jen- you know I love you too and if you were here, we'd be crying TOGETHER!! Thanks little mama!!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I know what you mean - sometimes it bums me out when people I consider friends (even though I don't really know them) don't comment on something I've written or don't respond to my comment. But then I think of all the times that I've read a great post (like your last one) and haven't commented for any number of reasons - I'm really busy or just not feeling particularly eloquent. Some of my favorite blogs - 2 in particular - I always read but never comment on. All that is just to say that we all really appreciate what you write, both here and on other blogs, but sometimes for whatever reason may not let you know that like we should. Hope that makes sense?

12:25 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

lizzie- you are so sweet and I appreciate your sentiments more than you know!

I think I was probably just being overly sensitive but I am so passionate about helping others in need.. kind of the way you are about politics... and I guess it irritates me a bit when people don't share my passion, but I really need to let that go.. we are all different and that's what makes the blogosphere so great..

Two girls I work with know people that were effected by the tornadoes. In fact one of the girls is going to a double funeral of couple that was killed.. They were newlyweds.. it's just so heartbreaking.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's almost surreal everything that's happened in TN and KY...I guess some of the KY damage got to me a little more because Hopkinsville is not very far from where my family lives. You just never know, huh? It's stuff like that that puts everything back into perspective and makes you appreciate what you've got.

1:57 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

you said it ray-ray!! You have many blessings, like Scar and the little man!!
Love you gurl!!

2:00 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Pk- thanks buddy.. Like I said, I temporarily dropped my basket but I'm good now... and thank you for your kind words..

7:13 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

Likewise with most people here... i just didn't have anything pithy to say... and as my momma told me... if you don't have anything good, catchy, funny, or entertaining to say, shut up.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home