musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, April 21, 2006

Things aunty beachgirl will teach the youngins*

So one of my dearest friends Jennifer is preggers. She and I met a couple years ago and became like instant BFF (best friends forever, I know it's a little 3rd grade but it works for us). She is as country as the come but I LOVE HER!! We started referring to each other as white trash about the time we got tickets to THE DEGA (that's Talladega Superspeedway for those of y'all without any Nascar knowledge) ... It was so funny b/c here we were, two prissy Junior Leaguers going to our first Nascar race, we even went to Wal-Mart and bought Jordache (that's right, I said Jordache) skorts and tank tops to "fit in" with the white trash at the Dega... We had the best time at the race! Jen and her husband E are the most wonderful couple I have ever met... I loved hanging out with them but E got an amazing job offer in Missouri so within a month, they moved and I was so sad!!

Jen and E come back to visit and it's great, the last time they were here, they were talking about having kids.. Now Jen is preggers!! I could not be happier, she is having a girl no no less, which works out perfectly b/c our friends ray-ray and scar have a little boy.. You see where I'm going with this, they are going to meet, fall in love and get married, we will make sure of it...

So I have been thinking of all the things I want to teach Jen & E's little girl....

1. Love of sports, there is no reason girls can't love sports and STILL be ladies.. However when Jeff Gordon steals the race from Jr at the Dega, she should NOT throw her beer can onto the track..

2. Good hygeine.. she should always have her nails painted and her hair fixed... Now, if it's the third day without a hair washing and she's still having a good hair day, I will teach her to throw some baby powder in her hair to absorb the excess oil..

3. How to critique someone without being ugly...So when someone walks in the room weraing a neon green jumpsuit and white platform shoes, and it's NOT halloween, instead of saying, HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL WAS KC AND SUNSHINE BAND HAVING A GARAGE SALE!!!?? she should say, wow, that outfit is so YOU... then lean over to her friend and say "bless her heart, she just doesn't know any better"...

Oh there are so many more things I am going to teach Jen & E's little girl..I'm sure these are the days when I know they are glad they live in another state!

* YOUNGIN's- a southern term for children

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

~Beachgirl

4 Comments:

Blogger jpasalakis said...

I love this post...because it's all about me and our little one on the way :). These are important qualities that must be instilled in her and I'm so glad Aunt Heather is there to teach them. The day she comes home and says, "Aunt Heather says....." I'll know I'm in big trouble!
We miss you terribly. See you in June at Ray-Ray's.

8:52 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

I didn't know you were coming June!!?? Hooray!!

You know her first Cheerleader outfit and Nascar onsie will come from me!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Always good to *hear* how normal people talk...

5:04 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

I disagree with #1, I actually saw that on espn, (was waiting for baseball highlights, sorry, no nascar over here please) anyway, I saw it and I thought it was hot. I wouldn't mind a girl that throws or breaks things every once in awhile.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home