musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March Madness Baby!!

So many of you all already know, I love college sports!! Especially football and basketball..The college level is where sports are still pure and fun! My mighty Vols finally made it to the big dance. After years of a floundering men's basketball program, I am hoping that Coach Bruce Pearl is our saving grace. He was named coach of the year by Sporting News, an accolade that I feel is well deserved. Not only because he has brought the team to the big dance but he has also restored the fan base of the men's basketball program at UT..and after such a poor football season, we deserve this!

I have filled out my bracket and I have picked Duke to win it all.. No I didn't pick UT, I'm a fan, but I'm not stupid...Now, who do you think will win it all?? AND who do you think will be the cinderalla team?? Between the tourney, NASCAR, and spring practice starting for football, I am sports heaven!!

It's march madness baby!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

Florida... i'll actually be loyal to my team. ;)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Duke over Villanova 78-74. But Air Force ACTUALLY made the cut this year. No, I didn't think they would win thier first game though...

11:17 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Stonewall- sweet boy, let's be realistic about this... I appreciate your loyalty to your team but you all be lucky to make it to the regionals...

E- Good man.. I agree, I think Duke is going to go all the way..

pk- you're on crack! Syracuse may be a cinderella team though, but to win the whole thing? I think not..

7:02 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

laurie- I got french on my finger nails and this awesome pink on my toes... does that help??

10:16 AM  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

I filled out my brackets in 1 minute, because the guy from work had to collect it right then and there. I am not very informed this year, but I can pick myself as the dark horse for being drunkest guy at the bar watching the games.

11:55 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Dr. Ken- have we met before?? B/c I'm certain that I have often times been the drunkest girl at the bar watching the games as well...

Already had two upsets on my board and cannot get the UT game on internet!! Arghhh!!

12:47 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Pk- hahahahahaha... That's why they call it march madness!! Thank goodness my Vols made it out of the 1st round...

7:05 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Pk- that's what makes America great... free thought, even if it is WRONG!!! hahahaha!!

But thanks for the confession...

12:31 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Thanks pk!! Have fun with Mini EB and the family tonight!!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

agreed, Tennessee is the worst. I think they are my most hated team..and that's saying alot. I think they might be worse than FSU or Miami. OUCH. But yes, free speech is wonderful.

7:47 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Guys- I think your hatred for Tennessee is both unnatural and simply not healthy... Maybe y'all should look into some anger management classes...

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home