musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Learning more

After talking with my dad this morning, I am learning more about how Little Neil died. Neither he nor Jimmy were wearing their seatbelts and were thrown from the truck. The truck rolled over on Little Neil. Jimmy is doing much better. He was up and walking for a bit yesterday, so that is certainly a blessing. Jimmy will get to go to his father's funeral.

Little Neil will be buried in a western shirt, and blue jeans.. all guests are encouraged to come as they are. Little Neil did not like suits, and he did NOT like ties.. I can understand that b/c Neil's neck was the size of a manhole! Although they live in Illinois, and many of our family members are spread throughout the country, we all consider Charleston to be home.. and in keping with that theme, the family has asked that we make donations in lieu of flowers to the Charleston Aquarium. I think that is a wonderful idea, flowers will fade but a donation to a charity, museum, or an aquarium will go on and on..

I wanted to thank everyone who has commented, expressing your condolences, and prayers for my family.. that means a great deal to me. I ask for your continued prayers as my family travels to the funeral of a dear, sweet man.

3 Comments:

Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I almost lost someone because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt; I know so many people that don't. I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. Stay strong...

8:17 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Again, I'm so sorry. Safe travels to Illinois and I hope that being with your family helps you all get through this difficult time.

7:23 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Thanks ladies... Unfortunately I will not be able to attend the funeral, but I am in contact with my family and they are keeping it together for the most part. Thank you again for your warm wishes, it truly does mean so much to me..

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home