musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, May 01, 2006

A big fat lay out day

Ok just as a warning this may present itself as a political post but it's really just me griping about the big fat immigrant lay out day..

So it's the big fat immigrant lay out day.. What a freakin great way to get people to support your cause, by saying "if you don't think the same way I do, I just won't come to work".. In that case I think their boss should FIRE THEM!

Another thing, learn to speak ENGLISH! Oh and another thing, businesses should stop enabling these people by putting things in their native language....Why should they have to learn our language if they don't have to??! We live in AMERICA and we SPEAK ENGLISH....

  • I want people to come to America to have a better life, but I want them to do it the right way. I understand that coming to America and getting a green card is a bureaucratic nightmare, and yes that process does need to be improved. But don't come here illegally, then demand that we change things to suit you... That's not the way it works. If illegals break our laws, I am more than happy to pay for their bus ticket back to where ever they came from.
  • Oh and they are ILLEGAL ALIENS, not undocumented workers as the politically correct peeps like to call them... Illegal means it is against the law!
  • The illegals that are here are putting a strain on our economy already, especially in the healthcare industry. If someone goes into an emergency room, they have to be treated whether they have medical insurance or not. The illegals are going to the ER's for primary care. Our education system is suffering.
  • These kids are going to school with no idea how to speak english or how to learn in english. This is putting a strain on the already overworked and underpaid teachers.
  • The insurance industry, especially automobile insurance. It is a law here in Tennessee that you must have a insurance to drive a car, but to check your insurance coverage, you must be pulled over before you are penalized for it. So when an illegal rams into your car and DOESN'T have insurance, you are just plain out of luck!
  • The Star Spangled Banner should ALWAYS be sung in ENGLISH.. and don't EVEN THINK about changing the words to suit you.... that just makes me nuts!!

Like I said, I am ALL FOR people coming here for a better life, but do it right the right way... hey, if you want to move here and become a taxpayer just like me, that's great!! Oh and we expect you to come to work, not layout!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I've heard a lot of people say today what you're saying.

By the way, I'm adding you to the blog roll ... I'm just not sure what category to put you in.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

Well said rant, beachgirl. I cannot understand how so many people come to the defense of ILLEGAL immigrants. Do it the correct way, and you are welcomed wil open arms.

P.S. The Derby is Saturday! You coming up?

7:51 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jake- I loved what you wrote about me!! You are too sweet... Love ya more than my luggage!

barry- hey!! Sometimes the spirit just comes over me!! Amen!
Derby??!! Sounds so very tempting but I'll have to pass.. maybe next year.. can't wait to "hear" all about it from you!! Love ya!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home