musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, February 27, 2006

You would think he'd get the hint....

Ok, as some of you know, I was dating a fella for a few weeks. At first I was blinded by his good looks, I should have known someone that handsome would not have the sense God gave a brick, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Not one of the bigger mistakes I've ever made but a mistake nonetheless. So as I might have mentioned on other blogs, Valentine's Day was a complete nightmare. At first I was really excited, I've never, NEVER been a relationship on Valentine's Day but as the day grew closer I new that my fella was going to let me down and I was right... He had made no plans whatsoever, had not even gotten me a card. So I took matters into my own hands and made plans for Valentine's Day, I spent it with the girls having mexican and margaritas... We had a great time by the way!

So he calls me Valentine's Day at 1:00, I sent him to voice mail, at this point I was fed up with his stupid excuses and he had already had to say "I'm sorry" one too many times, I was fed up. So he calls me back around 5, I answer this time. He tells me, Happy Valentine's Day, I say, back at ya... He asks me what I'm doing, I tell him I'm about to go out with the girls since I hadn't received any other invitations... again I hear the famous "I'm sorry", I'm like whatever. So we talk for another minute and I begin to feel sorry for him.... why?? but I tell him I will call him after I leave dinner with the girls. So I call him after dinner and I ask him to meet me for a drink at a little place near my house... He says ok.. so I decide to stop by my house before I have to meet him and that's when I saw the flowers... I run inside like a mad woman praying they are not from the new fella b/c I was pretty sure I was going to dump him anyway... The flowers were actually from a wonderful guy friend who knows how much I hate Valentine's Day...He's with the 101st Airborne currently deployed in Iraq. I immediately start crying, for a number reasons, first b/c I miss him terribly, second it was the first time I had EVER gotten flowers on Valentine's Day... Then I realized I had to meet doofus as planned. He shows up in a T-shirt, jeans, and a visor, yeah thanks for dressing up for me.. Nice touch. I tell him I got flowers, he actually said, "you're welcome" I nearly came across the table to smack the crap out of him... He said he was glad I got flowers... What kind of response is that?!! Then he says, Valentine's Day "snuck up on him"..... How can that be? Valentine's Day is the most commercialized holiday next to the celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ!! Whatever... I was done with this guy.. As we were walking out, he had the audacity to ask if he could stay over at my house, I actually laughed and said I don't think so... That was pretty much the last time I talked to him...

He called a couple of times (I did not answer the phone when he called), including the Saturday after Valentine's Day and asked me to a movie (better yet he left me a voicemail inviting me to a movie)... I never called him back.. so I thought he got the hint that I was done with him... Until today, he actually called and left me another voicemail... He was like, "hey beachgirl, I haven't talked to you in a while, hope you doing well, call me" ...... You would think he would get the hint but I guess he's just a glutten for punishment... I feel sort of bad, but then again I don't. There are guys you break up with and remain friends with, I have quite a few of those, but new fella is not one of those people... Conversation between us was painful, it was like talking to a brick..I can see that now.. It hit me when I was writing my friend in Iraq (the one mentioned above)... I told him that I think he would have been disappointed in me for putting up with new fella's nonsense for as long as I did... I don't have to put up with that kind of crap, no woman has to "put up" with anything....

I would rather be alone for the rest of my life than have to settle for a guy that doesn't make my toes curl, or make my stomach do flips when he calls or just looks at me. I will not settle for less... True love, that's what I want, it's what I deserve, it's what we all deserve... But in God's time, not our own...

17 Comments:

Blogger beachgirl said...

Ken- welcome, welcome.. I see that you are new to the blogoshpere!! From across the pond no less, I am honored... He doesn't even really deserve the break up speech...

Laurie- thanks girl! I'm gonna jump over to your site for a minute and say hey!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

wow, sounds like that guy is a fag. good job dumping him. haha I can't believe he would actually say "your welcome" about the flowers.. lol what an idiot.

7:40 PM  
Blogger trueborn said...

Dude sounds like a moron.

Flowers, chocolate, card, standard fare for men everywhere seeing a woman.

What did he not get the memo?

You rock Beachgirl.

10:40 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Stonewall- oh sweetboy, you are too funny.. I know you would NEVER treat a woman that way- cuz if you did, I would kick your little butt into next week...

True- No sir, it is YOU that ROCKS!!! You know that I absolutely fall at your feet!!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Bone said...

Always wondered why girls put up with so much crap from a guy they were seeing. And especially when they'd give them chance after chance after chance.

Guess I'll never know.

12:39 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Bone- I trust that you are not one of those guys??

Pk- I should be really mad at you for leaving and for that comment but I am just so darn glad to see you!! But you won't be so lucky next time!!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

BG,
Good for you. What was his deal? How inept could one person possibly be?

Hopefully he learned something, for his own, but I don't think he got that either.

It'll happen for you, law's of nature say so...

1:55 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i gotta disagree with trueborn about the card, flowers, chocolates thing. for me it's a six pack of beer, cheeze whiz and a box of chicken in a biscuit that usually wins the ladies hearts. i'm such a romantic.

6:54 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Rolli-
I think he's just an idiot, plain and simple... Yes, you are right, it will happen, for both of us..

Chud- you've got a new pic!! I love it! Hey, I like you're idea of romance, but he couldn't even pull that off!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

i'm tellin ya. beer, faux cheese and tasty snack crackers win the ladies hearts every time. heh.

oh yeah, my new pic, i was drunk at the bar and someone had a pirate eye patch (yes, my friends know i love pirates and fancy myself one) so i had to steal a friends shirt (that's what i'm wearing on my head) and decided i needed pirate pics. of course this was several pitchers into the night. hehehehe.

10:19 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

Umm . . he is an igmo.
Jayzus.
I told you this weeks ago.
UGH.

4:00 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

megs- you told me that weeks ago, when you were toatsed and just getting out of the hot tub with your accent as thick as Julia Sugarbaker's (which is clear indication that you were toasted)...

Laurie, igmo is a negative name, similar or short for ignoramous... Does that help?? Seriously, email me about a "girls only blogger weekend" my link is on my profile page!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

Good move. How can any form of romantic holiday sneak up on you? Sounds like a lame excuse.

Don't fret, there are a few of us males who have looks, brains, charm, and don't forget to pamper the women in our lives. Not that I am categorizing myself, though.. :)

BTW, come over and check out the book cover! The book should be out in 2-3 weeks.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

no laurie... i actually am a pirate. only, i have no crew, no boat and no real large sailing vessel experience... but i will! and the dread pirate chud shall sail under the standard of the jolly roger once more! yaaar!

12:14 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Barry- I saw the cover and I loved it!!!

Chud- You are the typical Jimmy Buffet fan, right??

Just an update to all, he called AGAIN today... What is wrong with this guy??

8:12 AM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

how'd you know i liked jimmy buffet?

3:53 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Chud- for the love of man!! Your life is the Jimmy Buffet greatest hits album!

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home