musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, February 17, 2006

An ode to pk

So our good friend pk has decided to leave the blogging world (we hope only for a while)... This is a little sad for many of us, especially me. I enjoyed his site because it was funny, insightful and somewhat informative, ha,ha.. Pk is a guy that LOVES his kids and is madly in love with his wife, and I find that truly heart warming... Those kind of guys are few and far between in this day and age. Although I have never met pk, or many of you for that matter, face to face it is hard to ignore the bonds that are made out here in the blogosphere. I consider many of you my friends, and I consider pk to be among that group. But blogging is addictive. Notice all of the time I spend here during the day when I should actually be working. I admire him for taking such drastic measures to dedicate more of his time to work (freakin' overachiever)...

So here's to pk, (picture a martini in my hand with my glass raised) one of the great ones... Not because he cured cancer or would rather release a spider back into the wild rather than step on it (ok, so that one was a stretch) but simply because he's a great father, husband, and friend. Pk once wrote about honor, and he worried that in this day and age would he be able to teach his kids to be honorable. My response to him then and still remains, that he IS an honorable man and his children will see that and be just as honorable as he. Thanks for everything pk, especially all the great advice, Dr.Phil doesn't have anything on you (well maybe a successful TV show, millions of dollars in the bank, and uh well never mind, you know what I mean)!!!

CHEERS Pk!!

7 Comments:

Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I miss PK already.
Such a good man, that one.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

cheers!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Kate's gone too. :-(

What's going on? It's a blogger epidemic.

5:21 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I thought maybe blogger had just gone haywire on the site thing . . but I think you're right Lizzie, we're missing our dear Kate as well.

Sadness.

5:43 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Oh I just hate this!! Kate too?!! This totally bites!!

2:19 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

I'm mad.
Your phone is jacked.
I was on a business call when you called.
Tried to call you back.
Keep getting "the number you are dialing is not working at this time" thing.

HAVE to talk to you.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

Later PK(?)

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home