musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A kiss is just a kiss, or is it?


So today is Valentine's Day, all about love and romance. As much as I hate this "holiday" it got me to thinking about kissing. The picture to the left is one of my favorite on screen kisses... It's from the movie "From Here to Eternity" if you've never seen it, make a point to try and watch it!!
So I was thinking about kissing. One of Meg's ( and my) favorite lines from a movie is from Gone with the Wind, Rhett Butler says to Scarlett, "you should be kissed and kissed often"... That is a true statement if ever I heard one... So as I was reflecting back on some of the kisses I have shared, there is one that stands out among the rest. So here goes...

It was last summer, I was looking good. My hair was curled and it was up in a high ponytail. My guy and I had been friends for over a year. I was wildly attracted to him and he was attracted to me but we agreed to remain friends... But there was this one night... We had a little wine, we went to hear some live music, we had a little more wine when we got back to his place. He lived almost an hour away from Nashville so I was staying at his place, I had done this before and always stayed in the guest room, no sweat really. But tonight was different, I was going to make it different, and so was he... When we got back to his house, after hearing the live music in the horribly smokey bar I told him I was going to go ahead and get into my pjs. He told me to wait a moment, he walked into his room and came out with a button down polo shirt. He handed it to me and told me to put it on... That's when I knew it would be different. I put it on and debated on coming out of the bedroom, but I did... He told me I looked good ( and I did), he poured me another glass of wine and lit some candles, Diana Krall was playing in the background. We sat there for a moment and then he asked me to dance. We danced in the middle of the living room. He was holding me close, he pulled away from me ever so slowly and asked me to take my hair down. I did as he asked and my curled hair fell across my shoulders and he gently swept it off of my face. We looked at each other for a moment, I was looking up at him because he was almost a foot taller than me. He leaned down and kissed me like I had NEVER been kissed in my life. It was a kiss I had waited for, for almost a year. It was the most magical kiss- EVER...

Now, that's all I'm going to tell you, because I have already said too much but I'm curious, what was your favorite kiss??

16 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

That's a tough one. I'd say any first kiss with someone I've been wanting for a while is usually pretty stellar.

Yours sounds really romantic!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

wow... man had moves. gotta hand him that.

hrmm, have to say my most memorable... was about a week before my 20th birthday, my ex's roommate came on to me and offered me birthday sex in a week. so, to seal the deal we kissed, and she was fabulous. skills like whoa. and i still remember that kiss. i don't know why.

6:08 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

OMG!
I didn't know you were going to post this!
I didn't get your email until after Alana, Robin and I had been partying a while.

CALL ME.

PS - You party fouled. I love you, chica, but quote Rhett COMPLETELY: You need to be kissed. And often. By someone who knows how.

Swoon.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

hehehehehe, lauries a hussy. hehehehehe

3:47 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Mario Lanza* sang a song with the lyrics, "Some say a kiss is just a kiss, but it all depends on who you kiss".

*Seriously my Mom is a huge fan so don't make fun. Don't mess with the Mama.

7:30 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Lizzie- it was romantic!! We are still friends so that's a good, I guess...

Chud- what's up baby??!! I love that story, you are hysterical!! You remember that kiss b/c it was amazing and exciting all at the same time...

megs- thanks for correction, I always forget that last part... We talked this am so I think we're good..

laurie- I love that movie btw... you and that sammy, y'all are so cute!! and you're NOT a hussy!

Chud- be nice...

kate- love me some mario lanza... I would never say anything against your sweet momma...

8:30 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

pk- them are fightin words... I'm afraid I might have to track you down and open a big can of whoop a$$ on ya.... if meg dosen't get to you first...

1:51 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

yep you probably should behave... I should probably throw some beads your way for saying that though!!

2:20 PM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

How can you NOT be a Rhett fan?????

And in his defense, hello . . who else but a drama king could put up with Scarlett??? Talk about drama.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

I just loves posts about kissing and hugging, waterfalls and sunsets.

Great Post.

(just kidding, sounds like great moment for all)

8:59 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

megs- Rhett was THE MAN!!

Rolli- I think you're making fun of me again.... But you didn't tell us what you're favorite kiss was... Oh wait, you're a guy any kiss is a good kiss right?? I think chud would agree with me...

laurie- honey, you ain't lyin about that!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger meghansdiscontent said...

The sad thing is . .. Clark Gable was ONLY hot as Rhett. The rest of the time he was this guy with huge ears and a weird face.

But as Rhett . . . good heavens!

It's like the weird Daniel Day Lewis thing. Last of the Mohicans - HOT. Any other movie - scary larry.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

"You need to be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how".

Classic line. You are right, beachgirl, it is one of the best.
Funny enough, I have used this line before to kiss a girl..It was in jest, but it worked.

Your favorite kiss story was nice!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

My first, I was in fourth grade and she was in fifth, I slept over at friends house where she was a neighbor, we played in a park and shortly there after she starting beeting me up, but then she started kissing me. I really didn't mind that she was doing either of the two since I "thought she was cute in a wierd sort of way" We dated for three weeks after that. She also stopped beating me up, for a little while.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

hehehehe, motion seconded. any kiss, is a good kiss. well, almost any...

1:53 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

barry- you are a stud!! I love it!! I need an update on the book!

rolli-how romantic.. so, you like it rough?? Funny, me too ;)

chud- i just plain love you!!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home