musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Some spring fashion advice

Hey Y'all, so spring is upon us and I for one could not be happier! It means cropped pants, cute skirts & dresses and open toed shoes!! I love it! But it has come to my attention that some people do not know how to transition from Winter to Spring as far as wardrobe choices are concerned so I am going to give a few tips that I hope will help...

1. Put all boots away!! Especially tall leather boots! It is now May, I do not care how chilly it might be in the morning, put your slides on and suffer, we are women, it's what we do to look good. Besides it will be a warm 70 degrees by the time happy hour rolls around and you want to look you're ready for spring, not the frozen tundra!

  • If you are going to wear open toed shoes, please make sure you have had a pedicure and your toenails are PAINTED!! There is nothing more unattractive than scaley feet and chipped nail polish.. I always go with a bright pink or red, I loathe french manicure on the toes!!
  • If you have ugly toes like my sister, please wear closed toe shoes... what's worse than unpolished, unpedicured toes?? Knarled ones!! Blech..

2. Suede- put it away, along with your wool sweaters and slacks... It's time for cotton, linen and other natural fabrics..

3. Trends- beware, sometimes trends just don't go with your personality.. Take the bohemian craze, I hate it and realize that the untailored flowy, gauzy, and wrinkled style is just not me.. So I will just stick with my classic look. You can find this look if you look hard enough, Talbots, JCrew, Brooks Brothers, and anything Ralph Lauren... Stick with what looks good on you, do not fall for trends, b/c they may not go with your personality, or your body type.

  • Gauchos- they don't look good on everyone, especially average or larger size girls, like myself... Wear them around the house, to the store, but not to anything of any importance.
  • Short skirts- be sensible, just b/c they make them that short and in your size doesn't mean you have to buy it and wear it! Here's a tip, if you have to worry what undergarments to wear, b/c they might show when or if you have to bend over, DO NOT WEAR IT! It's just tacky..

4. Makeup- time to switch it out, the dark lipsticks and eyeshadows, PUT THEM AWAY! I saw a girl in church the other morning and she looked like dracula's bride, her lipstick was a dark brown.. Great for fall and winter but NOT for spring! We need fresh looks, lighter colors, to brighten our faces!!

5. Watch out for fake tans!! I know it's the "safe" thing to do, but be careful of that orange glow some self tanners leave behind.. Spend the extra money and get a spray tan from a professional, it's worth it. But DO NOT GO OVERBOARD! I saw this girl that I used to hang out with (we don't hang out anymore b/c she is straight up CRAZY, and not in a good southern way) who looked like she had been locked in the spray tan booth for about 24 hours! I had to do a double take when she came up to me, literally, she looked dirty she was so spray tanned... Blech!!

I think that's about it for now.. please let me know if you have any questions... hahahaha..

And if it is a pretty spring day where you are, stop what you are doing and immediately go to the nearest watering hole with a patio and order your favorite adult beverage!! Just enjoy life!!

Kisses Y'all!!

~beachgirl

7 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

I'd like to add that gauchos also do not look good on short girls like myself. I'd advise all girls to tread very lightly where they're concerned. They're really popular but seem to be a VERY hard look to pull off - just going by what I've seen.

I'll admit to fake tanning at home. I can't do the real thing because I burn and I can't afford the salon one. I'm using that Dove moisturizer stuff which is supposed to be gradual. So far, so good... we shall see...

Thanks for all the advice!

:-)

10:21 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Great advice lizzie girl... I've tried the fake tanning at home and it never turns out well.. Let me know how the Dove works out in the end..

We need to research what kind of fashion is in style in Egypt! ;)

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I was thinking the same thing. I know I'll have to dress conservatively, but I've heard it can get up to 125 degrees so being *too* covered up might get a little uncomfortable.

11:25 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Think washable linen and breathable cottons...

12:19 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

YEA!!! Pk's back!!!

I'm pretty sure EB's got her work cut out for her and I am quite certain she can handle it!!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Very funny. I am definitely in favor of the spring time peicure. I just gave my friend a cute summer foot kit. I mean, if we are going to wear sandals our feet have to look their best!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home