musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A little more appropriate

Ok, Not sure if anyone read my site earlier today, but I had posted something that was not very positive. I was griping about something really silly... so I just decided to take it down..it reallyw asn't that important to begin with...so I decided to post something a little more appropriate...

It's a Christian Song that means a great deal to me, especially now as I follow my calling... It's a beautiful song that always puts me at ease... It's by Ginny Owens...

If You Want Me To
The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why you brought me here
But just because you love me the way that you doI'm gonna walk through the valley
If you want me to

Cuz I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise you're not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire
If you want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But you never said it would be easy
You only said I'll never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear you answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering your love put you through
And I will go through the valley
If you want me to

4 Comments:

Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

heeya.. UPDATE: i'll be leaving for The Citadel next friday, so August 11th.. right now i'm just gettin' ready, physically and mentally. but that's keeping me plenty busy.. ttyl!

btw, have you ever heard of Keith Green?

12:24 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

These lyrics read as poetry...

8:13 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

pk, I've been worried about you.

BG, I found the post you took down interesting. I'm sending you you positive cosmic vibes.......oh, and prayers too. Please pass on an internet hug to Chairborne.

7:19 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Stonewall- Oh I am so excited for you!!! I will lift up prayers for you sweet boy... Keith Green?? Sounds familiar but I can't say forsure if I know his name or not..why do you ask??

TN- you are ought to hear the melody... it's so soothing

pk- praise the Lord!! Thanks so much pkfor letting me know about CS..it's so good to "hear" from you...I hope everything is ok with you...

kate-looks like the gang's all here.. thanks for the good vibes and prayers... it's always so good to "hear" from you as well...

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home