musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, July 17, 2006

Great Weekend....

Hey y'all, I had a great weekend... Hope you all did too!! This may turn out to be a rather long post so grab a snack and your favorite beverage and enjoy!!

Friday
My best friend Dave and 2 of his buddies were in town for the night... I met them over at the humongo outlet mall and we shopped til we dropped... Now, before you add their names to the Gay Directory, these guys are NOT gay... no, I'm not in denial, it's true... they are as straight as they come.. I know this simply b/c one of the guys, Ryan bought many shirts just b/c they were on sale..they were heinous shirts and on sale for a reason...No one else wanted them!!! So the 3 of us had dinner together and again, shopped til we dropped... Dave is the greatest friend a girl could ever ask for... so Friday was great!!

Saturday
Got up, threw on my swim suit and realized I had blown up (maybe it's all the crap I have been shoveling in, but are cheeseburgers and fries REALLY that fattening??) but anyway, I got my stuff ready for the pool... I was going to a party later and I needed that sunkissed look... so I get in the car and realize it's VERY cloudy, like the skies may open up at any minute and wash the heat away for just a brief moment... So I went to Hardees and got a pork chop biscuit and a DIET coke.. yeah, I said it, a PORK CHOP biscuit...could that be the reason I have put on 10 pounds in 2 months?? I'm sure it's not...
So I decided I would go back to my house and wait for the morning clouds to burn off... They did, for the most part, so at about 11:00 I head over to my friend KH's apartment complex pool... She was out of town but I used it anyway...whatever.. It was nice at first, there were like 4 people there... very peaceful... then about 12:00 the guys start showing up..I'm not talking good looking guys, I'm talking guys in their late 30's early 40's trying to recapture their youth.. They all gather around a table and start hem hawing like a bunch of old ladies...then it's time for the GAME!! You would think, by the way the talk about it, it was the sporting event of the year... Like they wonder why ESPN and Dan Patrick aren't there to cover it.... it's water volleyball... I had to gather my things and go at that point... you know when some guys take off their shirts and they really shouldn't? Well this was one of those moments multiplied by like a hundred... So I left and headed back to my house to start getting ready for my friend SC's party...

Saturday evening
My BFF NP and I had a bite to eat before we headed over to SC's party... We got there a little early so we could help her with party prep... It's a good thing we showed up when we did.... She was desparate for our help, and being the good Junior Leaguers that we are, we were more than happy to help... **Note to self SC is desperate for some serving dishes
So her new beau (we'll call him JW) was there and we were excited to meet him, they had been out a few times but I think she really likes him (if she doesn't I will be more than delighted to take this beautiful hunk of a man off her hands)... So as the party progresses, this guy I met at a football party (we'll call him Calvin) walks in with JW, apparently they are friends... I'm a little freaked out b/c this guy looks EXACTLY like my friend RG... it breaks my heart to be reminded of RG b/c he's a world away in Iraq... so JW begins to introduce Calvin and me... We realize that we know each other and it's like, hey, what a small world... as it turns out my world continues to get a little smaller... JW is good friends with the same friends that introduced me to Calvin at the football party... so JW and I start talking about them, he moves to the couch so we can talk to each other without yelling(the music was a smidge loud) JW begins to tell me that he used to attend my church (he recently moved from Nashville to West TN), I was like "really, you must of have gone to early service, b/c I'm certain I would have noticed you" he said nope, that he always went to late service..... hmmmmm, so then I said "well you must have been sitting in the front of the church or on the right side" again, he said no, he sat in the back on the left side... FOR THE LOVE OF MAN!! That's where I sit, EVERY WEEK... so at this point in my mind, I am having a very frank conversation with God... here's how it went:

Me: What's up with this God?? Here' s a beautiful specimen of a man and you couldn't have brought us together in YOUR HOUSE??
God: ..............................
Me: I have to meet him NOW, now that he is dating one of my friends?? One of my GOOD friends??
GOD:..............................
Me: ok, whatever, I am going to assume you know the plan and I am just going to go with it, but I am a little bitter at this point...
God: hehehehe..... I've got something REALLY BIG planned for you...

Ok, so maybe He didn't say that directly to me but I could feel it....

Actually SC and JW showed up in church the next morning... Hello, open wound, pouring salt in...
No, I should just be happy for my friend that she found a great guy... I'm really trying...

Oh and it's final, my brother finally proposed to his longtime girlfriend... I am so excited for them.....really, I am...

Sunday
Ok, I know some of you have been waiting for this... so I was supposed to have my neighbors over for drinks last night... Well two of them bailed and it ended up being the (what I thought was) cute neighbor John and me... Perfect, right? Eh, not so much... he was nice but there were NO sparks....But like I said, he was a nice fella...oh well, moving on....

Hope y'all have a great week...

Much Love~BG

10 Comments:

Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Girl, you had a busy weekend! Don't get discouraged over JW. You never know what's going to happen. He crossed your path for a reason. I am a little bummed about the neighbor guy, though. I had hopes for him.

1:58 PM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

I agree with Ray Ray...I read that whole blog just anticipating the neighbor gathering story. THAT'S IT! God, make something up next time or something. LOL.. Just teasing...you'll have to try and organize another social...but at their house so they can't bail on you. I'm glad you are meeting your neighbors..you never know when you need to borrow a cup of sugar.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

I liked your 'God' conversation ... and the observation of pork chop bisquit and a DIET coke... soooo funny!!

6:30 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

great weekend.....mine was good too.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

now, that is a fabulous weekend. What did you buy?

8:22 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Ray- hmmmm, you may have a point there about JW..if nothing else, I met a great guy and I am truly happy for my friend... really..no lie.. I am darnit!!

jen- listen here white trash, I ain't gonna lie just to entertain you... ok, maybe I would b/c you are sooooo close to giving birth, but that'd be the only reason!! love ya girl!!

barry- that's what I do, I tell jokes!! thanks I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitresses!!

jodes- hey girl, I need to stop "your place" and see all the crazy stuff that went on!!

Kels- the weekend was indeed great, all I bought was a bottle of rasberry margarita mix for the party I went to the following night.. It was on sale for $4 at Harry and David (one of my all time fave stores)... where's Amy the food whore, I bet she loves that store as much as I do!!

12:16 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Here I am, darlin'! Just emailed you, BG. :) I am so glad you had a busy and fun weekend! Oh indeed, this food whore can't get enough of Harry and David! Ever have their moose munch? MMMM!

6:50 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

you are for sure in for crazy stuff.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

There she is! I love Harry and David too. Also, Dean & Deluca.... oh the list can go on. I am impressed that that is all you bought...goodness. I broke the bank last weekend.

11:08 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- thanks for the awesome email!! I could LIVE in Harry and David...

jodes- gurl, you weren't kidding!!
Good times!!

kels- we don't have Dean and Deluca down here...but I see it every morning on the Today Show...

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home