musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Summer Social Scene






As most of y'all have figured out by now, I have a very active social life, for the most part... I am in the Junior League which leads to all kinds of social events... Now I have this fab new BFF(best friends forever) I have talked about her in previous posts, NP... Love,love, love her... she knows more about the single Nashville social scene than I ever did!! I call her my social coordinator... Seriously, I will email her at the beginning of the week and ask her what's on tap for the week and usually she's got some stuff lined up...

Normally my Spring Social season madness kicks into gear at the end ofDecember, early January, but this year, thanks to NP and the fact that the Junior League's biggest fundraiser is in December this year, my social season pretty much starts next month... You can look through my archives for the spring social season updates from last year for a refresher, but this year is going to abfab (absolutely fabulous)....

Most of the parties are fundraisers for various charities, so the money does go to good causes.. There are only going to be (I think) 2 formal affairs for me this year, the rest are fun and casual.

The Picture of me above (yes that is me) is from the "unofficial" kick off party to last year's social season... Last year was good, but this year I think will be EVEN better... Here's hopin' y'all!!

Much love!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

I love it! My social calendar consists of petting zoos and Wiggles concerts so I'll live vicariously through you. :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Ray- I would trade with you ANYTIME... you have the best hubby and the cutest, most intelligent little boy ever!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Heather!
I love this photo of you! Its the first time I am seeing one. Of course I already had a feeling that your outsides matched your insides: beautiful! I feel I shall be in the perfect social scene hands once I come to Nashville this year.
Cheers, dahling!
xoxo
Amy

12:59 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

You have a "social season" that's so funny, in a different sort of way (haven't put my finger on it).

So, tell me...what does your off season training entail, are the awards given such as "all star," "MVP," or comeback partier of the year?

And I'm very happy about your new free agent signing, I think the two of you will have really strong season!

Here's hoping to a little post season action.

Cheers!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Simply gorgeous, Dahling! Yay! parties. Are you already thinking of the dresses?

6:03 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Amy- Thank you so much!! And yes, you will have a marvelous time when you visit our fair city!!

RG- this is why I love you!! You give me topics to write about... I would have to say that I am still a bit of a rookie, but I will write all about it in my next post... Now get to work on your essay!!

Kels- you are too sweet and of course I am already thinking of what to wear!! I will make sure to keep you updated...

8:26 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

Happy to help...

*what the hell did I do?*

8:40 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

RG- ok Mr.Procastinator... see you're so brilliant that you don't even realize how inspiring your comments are.. that's so cute...

How's that essay coming along??

9:03 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

you are adorable!!! have fun!!! almost wish you lived here so I could invite you to our fundraiser!!!!

3:03 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Hmmmm, I'm looking forward to having a social life again...

8:29 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

got a cute new post up today....

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home