musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, July 07, 2006

Why straight women "date" gay men...

So it has been brought to my attention again by that ever curious Rolligun that he doesn't understand why I have had many "dates" with gay men. So I thought I would use this as an opportunity to explain...

I have a lot of gay friends, mainly men. I love the gays. They are like my brothers. I enjoy the company of men even if they are gay. When I go out with them, it's not a real date but a faux date. It gives the appearance to others that the hot man with a particular girl is just that, a hot man... This only works if your gays are butch, if they are flaming queens then, not so much...

Gay men can still give a straight girl fabulous dating advice, especially when it comes to men. This only works if they are not very nelly, if they are nelly, then you're better off asking one of your girlfriends. Sometimes it's just great to get a hug from a big gay man then not to get a hug from a man at all.. It's really the best of both worlds... Straight men do not like to talk about relationships, and if they do, they something like, "I don't know, dump him" or "go ahead and sleep with him if you want to"... yeah something brilliant like that..

I don't make a habbit of dating my gays, but they are fun to go to dinner with, go to movies with and best of all, to shop with...

So that, Rolligun is why straight women "date" gay men...any other questions??

Y'all have a great weekend!!

~BG

14 Comments:

Blogger Clearlykels said...

let me add to your list.

-- because you can go out with gay friend and be ridiculous. If you go out dancing that creepy guy in the corner is not going to try to dance with you because you are already with a man. If you get wasted, you do not have to worry about him making a move. He does not want any of that and you'll be taken care of.

-- when else can you have conversations with a guy that start, "oh he's hot, I'd do him" only to get the responce, "oh honey, he's family. He won't want that."

-- you do not have to worry about leaving the house wearing a shirt that has a hole that you do not know about or your hair out of place-- he'll tell you.

-- some times it is wonderful to cuddle with a guy that is not going to grab for your boob right as you are getting into the movie-- just saying.

These might just be my experiences, but I thought I would share.

9:32 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

kels- THIS is why I adore you!!! You are so right, honey, these are my experiences too.. Love you!!!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

I can honestly say I have never dated a gay guy.

9:56 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

barry- LOL!! good to know...

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I am in favor of limited gay man-straight woman dating. I do, however, have concerns when this interferes with the fairy dust finding her a straight man because he's never quite as fun as the 'mo is -- or when the straight woman becomes so possessive of her main gay that she scares off his potentials.

And, yes, it helps if they are a little butch -- but not so butch that he won't say, "Um, yeah, maybe you need to rethink those shoes with that blouse."

Or "you must be drunk if you think he's hot."

4:48 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jake- Excellent points and I couldn't agree with you more...
I'll be looking for my Sunday Martini!!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

I must echo Barry's comment...

7:21 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

E- hmmmm, aren't you also the guy that dresses up in drag to run some kind of race?? hahahaha...

9:37 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

So I gather it's more about presentation and research, huh, I guess that makes sense but I really thought all of that died with explosion of the internet. Not nessecary anymore. But what do I know.

Date who you like BG...as long as your having a good time!

5:09 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Rolli- You know a lot more than you think, but you're right, as long as I'm having fun, that's all that matters.

10:38 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

BG ~ I never, ever go shopping for a dress or outfit for a big event without a gay man. That would be veeeery risky. :)
xoxo
Amy

6:47 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

i get it. I would be the same way if I was still single.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

BTW - I am avoiding your ranting sight

10:25 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- I have one gay that is color blind... but he doesn't let that stop him, he's an ace when it comes to picking things out for the house!!

Jodes- what's up girl!! Ah yes, the single girls absolutely need gay friends!!

barry- funny, so am I...I started that on a whim, I really should delete it, but there come a time when I need to really rant and I don't want to do it here..

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home