musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, July 10, 2006

Meeting the neighbors..

Ok, I have lived in my house for almost 2 years now... and for someone as social as I am, I don't know many of my neighbors, nor do I make a point to socialize with them. It's not that they are bad people, it's just by the end of the day, I sometimes don't want to be social.. I just want to go home and be still... Y'all know I have a very active social calendar and there are many times when I don't even get home 'til late at night... so socializing with the neighbors, I don't think so...

But I do speak to my neighbors when they are outside, I may not socialize with them, but I'm not rude! So last night I get home from Knoxville, it's almost 9:00 and I see two of my neighbors outside talking... I have often thought they are dating, but haven't really inquired (for the reasons listed above).... so there they are, Chris and Kristi (we are going to call her Kristi b/c she looks like a girl I know named Kristi, but the truth is I have forgotten her name and am too embarrassed to ask her what it is now, for heaven's sake it's been almost 2 years) chatting it up as I pull into my parking spot (we have these fabulous row townhouses so they were practically standing at my front door)... I get out and we all start chatting... then our other neighbor pulls up...here's where the story takes an interesting turn....

The other neighbor's name is John.. I've seen him before (obviously), he's kind of cute, but I thought he was married..I never got close enough to check for a ring but then again he could be like those sneaky married guys that doesn't wear a ring.. Also, there has been a woman with multiple children there quite often. So I just figured he was married... But come to find out... He's NOT! There's more about that below....

So there we are, all 4 of us talking about staining our decks, y'all know this has been an ongoing project for me so I need as much feedback on this as possible.. John says he sprayed his down with a bug sprayer, he said it was super easy and quick!! Those were the magic words for me... I said I would have to try it and he offered me his sprayer... I gladly accepted..

Then we started talking about painting inside our townhouses... John says "oh my brother in law did mine for me, come look" so we all went in to his house and marvelled at the awesome painting job.. I got a glimpse of some of his pictures that were sitting around.. all of them were of him with kids... I asked him "oh are these your children?" he said "no, those are my nieces and nephews, I don't have any kids" ..... So my mind starts racing....this guy is cute, single, and apprently he owns his home, the furniture is still late frat house/waiting for a woman to come along to change everything style, in other words, NOT GAY...hmmmm... I could work with this..

So we all go back outside and I say "you know we should all get together for cocktails" b/c kristi walks her dog and knows the neighborhood gossip... So we all agreed that we would get together at my place Sunday evening... I am actually kind of excited to be meeting my neighbors.. this could turn out to be a good summer after all...

17 Comments:

Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Go for it, girl!! I can't wait to hear the news after Sunday evening.

2:39 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

ari- hey there! thanks for stopping by... luckily, I have a deck with a privacy fence around it so I do have some escape...

ray- gurl, you know you'll be the first to hear about it...let's both hope there is good news to share...

2:44 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I am so excited for you! He offered you his sprayer, eh? I better keep my Yankee mouth shut and remember I am in the company of a southern lady. ;)

He sounds quite nice; I am going to keep my fingers crossed in addition to my mouth shut, my dear. xoxoxoxoxo

6:36 PM  
Blogger Barry said...

About time - a NOT gay guy...hahaha

8:34 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

How fun!!! It is always great to have people you can hang out with and do not have to drive. It really makes things much more convenient. I cannot wait to hear more about John. Seriously, you are always meeting guys. I need to take lessons:-)

6:24 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

that is awesome, I look forward to hearing more about this guy and the rest of them....how fun.

7:35 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- you are welcome to say what you like... don't let the lady like exterior fool you, I like off-color jokes just as much as the next gal...

barry-you're telling me!!

kels- oh sweet girl, I think I have lead you astray... taking dating lessons from me would lead to life of solitude with the occasional date with a fab gay man...

jodes- trust me, if there is a story to tell, I'll make sure to tell it here first...

Much love y'all!!

9:42 AM  
Blogger PJS said...

lol @ "offered me his sprayer"

11:13 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

pjs- thanks for stopping by... apprently you and TN are thinking along the same lines... you know they say about great minds!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

BG ~ After a few cocktails, I think you need to smile seductively and ask him for his sprayer. (giggle)

2:05 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- gurl, you ain't right, not a bit right...but trust me I've got moves you yankee girls have never even thought of.....

was that awful and trashy, or what??!!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I have the same attitude toward my neighbors and for the exact same reasons. I don't want to be chummy with people who can just walk a few feet to bother me. I want them to have to at least drive to get on my nerves.

Pictures of his neices and nephews? His brother-in-law painted, not "my brother-in-law helped me paint." I think those two trump frat boy furniture. I say: gay with bad credit.

But I hope I'm wrong and you have a chance to examine the hose on that sprayer closely.

6:52 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Southern Belle,

Oooooo. I love it when we are awful and trashy! ;)

xoxo
The Yank

4:24 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

ha ha-- smile seductively and ask him for his sprayer. Fabulous. Now, that would be an excellent story!

7:14 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jake! you simply aren't right... not a bit.... Oh, I'm sure he's probably gay and I will be the one he comes out to first!! It's just my luck... and if he shows me the hose of his sprayer, I'll never tell!!

TN(my sweet yankee friend)- being trashy is sometimes what southern women do best...

kels- like I told Jake, I'll never tell!! ;)

7:57 AM  
Blogger Christie E. Little said...

My nashville neighbor..lol. I'm sure he one of the commitment phobe single men..who just makes you wonder about whether he's gay. Hmmmm...i'm sure, the "sprayer" offer was his way of letting you know he's not gay..lol.

I'm with TN...smile at the next offer very seductively.

11:42 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TG- what's up girl!! yep we are total Nashvegas neighbors...
I hadn't thought of the committment phobe angle..hmmm even more to look forward to... hahaha...

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home