musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Saying Goodbye...

It's never easy to say goodbye...but it's something I have been saying a lot lately. Leaving my job after I have been here 6 years, it's a little harder than I thought. These people became family to me. I didn't really know anyone when I moved here from Knoxville. I joke that I have about a dozen mothers here as well as brothers/father figures that look out for me... I know, I'll be back, and we'll keep in touch but I will miss the small things... Like taking those breaks and wandering over to a friend's cubicle to discuss the latest drama in her life or mine for that matter. Saying hello to Miss Tina as I come in and out of the building. Or just sitting at my computer trying to look busy...

I am so very excited about my new job... I cannot wait to get started in this new chapter of my life...But that brings me to another sad point.... I'm afraid with my new job I won't be able to update this site as much as I have in the past. I want to stay in touch with y'all so, if you want to say hey or find out what's up with me and my life (as if it were really that exciting..) feel free to email me... my email address is tngovgirl@hotmail.com

I want to thank each one of you for your love and support, I have enjoyed getting to know you through this blog. I will still be around, just not as much...

I will leave you with this verse that means so much to me...
"let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up" Galatians 6:9

Much love,

Beachgirl

10 Comments:

Blogger jpasalakis said...

It sounds like it is a FOND FAREWELL! It's great that you have so many good memories and friends that will stay with you no matter where you go. Kind of like me, huh??

8:11 AM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

I know it's bittersweet but you are going to do such great things in your new job!! You'll have to set aside some time every now and again to tell us all about it!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

This is going to be such an amazing opportunity for you. Plus, think of all the new people that you get to let into your life. I am so excited for you!!! xoxo

1:04 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

awwwh, great post, I will miss you!!! visit when you can...i will check in often for updates.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

C'mon now, if I can update almost daily, you can make it back at least weekly.

Pick a blog day, say, every Tuesday, so we know when to check in.

I'm not letting you off that easily.

8:46 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

You are going to shine and sparkle in your new job! Congratulations again! xoxoxo

8:25 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Ok, ok... I will do my best to update the site... Thanks to everyone for the encouragement...

It's my first day at work and it's great!!

Much love to you all!!
Beachgirl

3:04 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Fond farewell indeed, but you know as well as I do that you will LOVE your new job! Amazing opportunity, and a great chance!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

wow, congrats on your new adventure!

mine is going quite well.. been real busy, but i've adjusted well. anyways just wanted to stop in to say howdy to my one faithful reader, lol, hope all is well...

10:30 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

ummm when you coming back? i miss your witty posts!!!

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home