musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tales from the Spring Social Season

So Friday kicked off the Spring Social Season for me.... It started with a fabulous Junior League event... The alcohol was flowing, the band was getting cranked up- my girls and I made a GRAND entrance!! I actually have a picture of me coming in the door but I'm not sure if I should post it or not, I'll have to think on it for a while... But we immediately went to the bar and were served hurricanes, the party had a Mardi Gras theme.. and to answer your question, no, I didn't have to "earn" any beads...

I'm not one to stand on the edge of the dance floor and wait for more people to get out on there before I will go... No sir! I got my drink, went immediately to the dance floor, took off my jacket, and commenced to shakin my groove thang... It wasn't long before the dance floor was full, but I was still right up front with the band. I had the best time, but drinks kept appearing in my hand all night... which lead to the heinous act of being over served, I became a bit wobbly, but I did NOTHING (in public) that would have made my mammaw ashamed of me... I don't think being pulled up on stage to sing with band is necessarily a bad thing, nor is dancing to Donna Summer's #1 hit Bad Girl all the while smackin my butt, and saying, this is my theme song!! No I don't think it was bad at all...

Now this party was different from what the others will be, they are formal affairs, this was very casual... But a good time was had by all, however the good time ended when I spent Saturday in bed with a terrible hangover... I just can't party like I used to, but then again, I don't think I ever want to party like I used to for fear it would now cause death or some sort of brain damage...

Cheers Y'all!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Okay believe it or not I actually attended a country club deb thang in my youth. It was not at all fun like your social. :-(

5:54 PM  
Blogger trueborn said...

Shaken your goove thing immediately always gets the peeps involved.
Especially if you're havin a good time dancing.
Ever see one of those "serious dancers"?
Face all set in stone like they're dancing on the old MTV show the Grind.
Smile baby.
People having fun always draws a crowd.

11:32 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Kate- lmao!!!! I love it!! Do you have pics?? I would love,love to see them!

True- I am so NOT one of those dancers, but I know exactly what you are talking about. It's like that episode of Friends when Ross and Monica go on the dance show and do their "routine"...

12:48 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

pk- I don't know, I'm still thinkin about it... Of course I guess if you can post the picture of you in your "sexy" jeans and the crop top... I will seriously consider it..

1:27 PM  
Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

sounds like you had one heck-of-a ho-down.. lol. So no long flowing dresses, bonnets, and flowery umbrellas? That's how i envisioned the spring social season, lol..kinda. Oh wait, this is the 21st century.. disregard the last sentence. And yes, post the pic.

5:04 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

The mental images are PRICELESS!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:16 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Ok, so I am a little nervous about posting the pic, but I'm going to do it anyway... Try not to make fun of me!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

well, take a look for yourself.. it's there now..

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home