musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, May 05, 2006

A $10 martini

Yep, a $10 martini, I had two last night and they were fab!! It was something like champagne and rasberry vodka, sooooo yummy!!! I went out with my friend NP, we went for drinks to this kind of shee-shee place in the *Gulch. I loved it!! There was live jazz music, the atmosphere was wonderful and there were people my age, all dressed very nicely.. This may be my new favorite place. I had really gotten out of the swing of meeting friends for drinks and just being among other people outside of Junior League and Church.. This became evident to me last weekend as I went from Junior League meeting to church meeting and had NO really fun weekend plans... So I decided I need to make a change. My friend NP, who is a fantastic lady, has been telling me what seems like forever we need to go out for drinks.. She is an attorney, she's my age and she's so sweet. So we made plans to go out last night and I am so glad we did... No sooner did we get to the resturant that we ran into one of her rather handsome single guy friends. He practically demanded when we were available, b/c he wanted to get his guys together to hang out with us.. It was like a miracle from GOD!! I had just been telling NP that I wanted to meet some fun boys this summer, just guys that I could hang out with, not necessarily date (but if that were to transpire, who am I to fight fate??)..

NP has already sent me two emails for fun outings coming up.... Yep, looks like beachgirl is out of her slump and ready to meet the world (and maybe some cute boys) head on... It may shape up to be a good summer after all, praise the LORD!!

Hope y'all have a fab weekend!!

Kisses!!
~Beachgirl

* The Gulch, a crappy industrial area the city is trying "revitalize" to be the new "it" spot for the city... I think it's Nashville's Chamber of Commerce attempt to to provide Nashvillians refuge from the heinous tourist bars on 2nd Ave and Broadway... So to Nashville Chamber, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

woohoo! Bring on the boys!

11:45 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

From your lips to God's ears!!

12:07 PM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

You are too much of a fun girl not to be out meeting new people. This will be a great summer, I'm sure of it!

Make sure you meet some strong boys so they can move furniture in and out of your attic :)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Good for you...but that must have been a damned good martini! Enjoy yourself in your newfound freedom, and go meet some boys. Sometimes, we might just surprise you!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I have a new cocktail for you over at BaT.

And maybe I should wander away from Church Street when I'm in Nashville.

6:13 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Ha ha- a $10 martini. I have not had one of those in a while. It sounds like your summer is shaping up well. Enjoy!

6:15 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jen- I just wish you were here!!! Strong boys, that's a good point!! I'll have to remember that...

E- "newfound freedom"?? Hmm, I've always had the freedom, I just wasn't acting on it.. I just want to have fun, with or without boys...You'll be home soon enough so be prepared to buy lots of ladies those $10 martinis...

Jake- The only place you should be in Nashville, is on a bar stool next to moi, enjoying the $10 martini!! Loved, the shout out on your site!! Church street has become quite the happenin' little area, they have a new resturant now, where you can get lunch and dinner..Haven't tried it yet but my guys say it's great!

kels-huney, when you get to be my age, I would rather pay $10 for a good drink than do just about anything else..Almost anything.. ;)

11:04 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Imagine my horror when my favorite bar in NYC, Temple, started charging $12 for cosmos. Damn, do I need to move? I won't even tell you how much a bottle of beer is in la cite.

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home