musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Spring fashion advice for MEN..

So a comment that pk left on my last post got me to thinkin' I guess men DO need fashion advice so here goes..Keep in mind that most of the fashion mistakes were secretly planted in the minds of men that had done a woman wrong... It's a little known secret, but it is true, the powers of women are like the DaVinci Code.. Where you find yourself asking, could it really be true???

1. Tank Tops- NO! Tanktops, wifebeaters of any kind are NOT acceptable in any situation.. They are tacky and they usually look awful, unless you are built amazing well. Most men I know intead of having a "six pack" they have a 12 or 24 pack..Bless their hearts...

2. Cut off shorts of any kind- NO! I say this b/c there are actually still men in rural areas of Tennessee that have NOT gotten the message and are walking around proudly in their acid washed cut offs (of course they are wearing a wife beater and have a mullet, don't even get me started on the mullets!!)

3. Man Sandals- this is a quandry for me.. I'm really not in favor of them, men should wear flip flops, get a good pair of Bows (Rainbows), they are a little pricey, but worth it!

4. Dark socks with shorts- NO!! Who started this trend anyway? Obviously it was some woman that wanted revenge on some mad that had done her wrong...

5. Fanny pack- OMG!! NO and NO!! Get a backpack or buy your wife/girlfriend a really big purse, but DO NOT carry a fanny pack, again something created by a woman to get back at a man for doing her wrong...

I think I could probably go on for days but instead I will offer this most important piece of advice, if you are a fashion challenged man, find a good woman or fantastic gay man (don't worry, they don't like you're kind and they won't try to "convert" you) to help you... make sure that this woman or gay man knows what they are talking about when it comes to fashion... here are a few tips that they might not have a clue about good fashion:
- If they say let's go to any place with the word "MART" in the title, run, don't walk away from them..
- If they suggest garage sales are great places to find bargains, that's a BIG RED FLAG...
- If they suggest any of the fashion no-no's I mentioned above, yep, you guessed it, they have NO CLUE!!!

I do hope this is helpful.... Y'all enjoy the sunshine and if you are somewhere where you can pop open a cold beer right now, please do it for me, and most importantly, just enjoy life!!!

Kisses Y'all!

~Beachgirl

8 Comments:

Blogger beachgirl said...

Oh pk- you're such a funny guy!!

Wait, were you being serious?? In that case, the answer is not no, but HELL NO!! I don't mean to curse but I needed to make a point..

10:40 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Yeah, chicks really dig the white socks and sandals, ESPECIALLY tube socks pulled up to the knees.. As my good friend Paris would say, "that's hot"..

You crack me up pk!!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

Great advice, beachgirl! I have been guilty of a few over the years, but I have now officially evolved...hopefully!

I'll definately drink a beer for ya tonight and a mint julep on Saturday!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I am laughing out loud! You are hilarious. I do support the flip flops (and I own Rainbows) on guys and certain sandals. Also, I would like to say that I am pro-rolled up sleeves on button up shirts instead of short sleeve. The short sleeve button ups are not bad, the rolled up sleeve is just a better look. Note to men: Please burn all cut offs and wife beaters. Thank you!

12:12 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

barry- ooohhh a mint julep, mmmm, do you have a good recipe??

kels- Hey, I tell jokes, it's what I do!! Now that you mention it, rolled up sleeves are much better. Short sleeve button downs look like pappaw shirts.. Don't you just love a crisp white button down on a man?? Is it hot in here or is just me!!??

12:17 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

so, wait, when i'm walking around with my dress socks in mandals and cut-offs with my wife beater and awesome 90's mirrored wraparound sunglasses on a sport strap with my trucker hat and a milwaukee's best in my hand... that's a no no? fuck... that explains a lot.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Neal said...

I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate your fashion advice into my south pole attire.

10:51 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Chuddy- ladies and gentlemen, a perfect example of a big NO-NO.. Bless your heart chuddy.. You may need some serious fashion intervention.. ;)

Neal-these rules pretty much don't apply to you, but here's one just for you... Do what you can to stay warm and not get some horrid frostbite... maybe just add a little more color ... ;)

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home