musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, May 22, 2006

Sorry but I gotta rant for a bit

I had a marvelous weekend with my family, truly it was...But I start reading some of the headlines today and it leads me to rant...

Natalie Maines and the Dixie Chicks headline: Dixie Chicks' Maines Says U.S. President Owed 'No Respect Whatsoever'
I used to be the BIGGEST fan of the Chicks, I had all of their CD's and went to their shows, but when Natalie ran her mouth and disrespected our president, I said ENOUGH... Now, I'm all for free speech, really I am, but have some commone sense.. She is welcome to speak freely and I, in turn can stop listening to her music.... Freedom, it's a great thing...
After her outburst in 2003 she apologized for he comments, now she is saying, "I take it back" and that the President is owed "no respect whatsoever".... Wrong Natalie, YOU deserve no respect. I remember back to the Clinton Years, I did NOT agree with a lot that the President did, but I respected the him, b/c of the office he held.
So I'm still NOT going to buy the Chicks CD, and FYI, their new single topped out on the charts at 36, and a lot of country music stations refuse to play their music. That's one thing about country music fans, they believe in God, Country and Family, in that order.... The Chicks have ticked off their main fan base and I do not think they are going to win them back... This is what one the band members had to say about that:

"I'd rather have a small following of really cool people who get it, who will grow with us as we grow and are fans for life, than people that have us in their five-disc changer with Reba McEntire and Toby Keith," Maguire said. "We don't want those kinds of fans. They limit what you can do"

Yeah sweetheart, they limit what you can do, like pay your bills!! Oh and btw, insulting country music stars like Toby and Reba, yeah, way to win friends and influence people... and trust me on this, "those kind of fans (the ones that buy albums and go to shows) " don't want you either!


Ok sorry, I had to get that off my chest.....

Here's some other headlines that just made me laugh:

1970's Cultural Icon Evel Knievel Living in Constant Pain- Well duh!!!

Tommy Hilfiger Fights Axl Rose at New York Club- Are you kidding me??

Dickinson: Britney a ‘hick,’ should dump Kevin- "You know your hubby lacks class if even Janice Dickinson thinks he’s trashy."

I do hope y'all have a perfect day... I feel sooooo much better now...

Kisses!!

~Beachgirl

7 Comments:

Blogger jpasalakis said...

You crack me up! Seriously...I love your rantings.

10:54 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

No- trash, you crack me up!! How's baby sha-nay-nay??

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach on sista!

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sound like a very sad person.
You seem to complain about anything and everything.

8:48 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

What's really sad anon is that you don't have the courage to use your real name or a blog address.. It's really nice to throw stones from your glass house isn't it?

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you thought of therapy?

1:39 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

anon- while our time together was just precious... I'm cutting you off at the knees.. If you can't stand up and identify yourself then you don't deserve to leave snippy comments on my site..

Good luck and God bless!

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home