musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

For the love of man!!

Sometimes things irritate me to the point that I have to just grind my teeth and say "Oh for the love of man!" .... Now normally I am even tempered but you know there are just those times such as the one listed below that get under my skin...

1. Cell phones ringing at work... Now, I work in cubicle land and I get along fine with my
co-workers and even consider at least one of them a very close friend. But I think it is rude to have your cell phone ring at work. I always put mine on vibrate before I go into the building. Now there is always that moment when I might forget and ACDC's 'Back in Black' will start blaring (I know what y'all are thinking... you thought I would have something sweet as my ringtone, but I LOVE ACDC!!) and I will lurch for the phone and apologize to my co-workers for the interruption. But there are some that just don't care, and will let their phone RING with some annoying ringtone blaring... FOR THE LOVE OF MAN!!

2. People that call and don't leave messages... This annoys me beyond all reason. They will call and call then gripe at you for not being available... I'm like, if you needed to speak with me that badly, you should have left a message! I have a policy, if someone calls, and doesn't leave a message, I WILL NOT call them back!

3. That wierd smell as I get closer to my office. If any of you have lived near the marshes on the coast, you know that smell of sulfur well... Think rotten eggs that have been sitting in the sun for a couple of days... Yeah, it's GROSS!! I usually have one of my windows cracked as drive into work, unless of course it's raining... For the past few days as I get closer to my office, which is near the Cumberland River ( or as we like to call it, the Scumberland River), there is that odor!! It sneaks up on me everytime! We have those new highway signs that tell us drivers when there is a delay up ahead or God forbid an Amber alert... I think we should use those handy highway signs to warn of offensive odors up ahead... That way, I would roll up my windows and not be subjected to the harshness of STANK that early in the morning...

4. Barry Bonds- Cheater, cheater rotten apple eater!! Baseball should kick that guy out on his steriod pumped ear. And NO baseball should not celebrate his breaking of Babe Ruth's homerun record!! B/c Bonds CHEATED!!! And the latest which really gets my goat, he would not sign an autograph for an active duty airman, serving our country!! Who does this guy think he is!?? I think he's a punk and should be kicked out of baseball!

5. David Blaine- Oh for the love of man! It's not like he's saving humanity, he swam around in a fishbowl for like 10 days or something... Just pure stupidity... He says he wanted to break the record of holding his breath so he wouldn't let everyone down... Who's everyone??!! The poor people of Darfur?? or our service men and women currently serving our country?? NO!! It was a self serving stunt and it was just plain stupid...

Whew! I feel so much better now!

That's only a few things right now that make me grind my teeth and say 'oh for the love of man'!! Otherwise, I'm having a pretty good day..Hope you are as well!!

Kisses!!
~Beachgirl

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should do stand up. I think it would be a good release for you. And it would be entertaining for the rest of us. Does Zanies have an amateur night? :)

10:22 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Gurl- I'm not THAT funny.... ok so maybe I am.. Thanks for the compliment.. Maybe I'll do some stand up at Jen's shower, hehehehehe...

10:39 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Oh my gosh! I was just ranting about people who call and do not leave messages. Someone called me on my mobile while I was at work today and I did not recogize the number so I did not answer. They did not leave a message. Then they called right back and did leave a message. How annoying. I am at work.

Ha ha-- so let me just join in your rant!! Maybe it is time for a $10 martini!!!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I am so with you on the David Blaine thing. I can't stand that guy. I don't even think the things he does are that impressive. Standing in a block of ice, swimming around in a fishbowl, sitting in a box hanging from London Bridge. What's the big deal?

1:01 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Kels- join right in!! A $10 martini? That's Friday night.Tonight, it's margaritas!!

lizzie girl- we should do something that will be just as
non-impressive and maybe get us into the record book... How bout world's longest rant on a blog?? I think between the two of us, we might have a shot!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

phew. thank god I wasn't included in that list... but there I go again, thinking much more of myself than others.

5:38 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Here, here, Beachgirl! Bravo! I was just telling my students today that Barry Bonds is a cheating piece of utter crap! I wish they would test him before every damn game. He is more juiced than an orange.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Drunken Chud said...

it's posts like these that make me reaffirm my belief that were i not marrying kristin, i would totally love you. hehehehehehehe.

1:26 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Dan- there's that sunny disposition we all know and love!

TN- Thank God there are wonderful techers like you out there!! More juiced than an orange!! Ha! That is a good one! I think all players should have random drug tests... If they aren't doing anything wrong then there shouldn't be a problem with it, right??

chuddy- MARRIED!!?? WHAT??! I am devastated!! You know how much I love you!! Now I'm just going to have to drown my sorrows in a basket of chili-cheese fries and case of beer!! ;)

8:55 AM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

Okay you volunteered...I expect you to be the entertainment at the shower. Make sure you throw a little extra trash in there too.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home