musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, May 12, 2006

It's a Breakfast at Tiffany's kind of day..

I love the movie, Breakfast at Tiffany's. The main character, Holly Golightly, played by Audrey Hepburn, just floats through life, going to party after party (in all actuality, she is running from her life and the drama associated with it) and living in the moment... So today is a Breakfast at Tiffany's kind of day for me (and this is a shout out to my new friend jake, a BaT lover as well). I have no real problems, I went to lunch at PF Changs with some friends ( and there was some yummy eye candy sitting at the table in front of us), and I'm going out tonight with some other friends... Last night I had to buy the medium in a shirt, b/c the large was TOO BIG, and I have found a fab pair of jeans that look really good on me... Life is good... So dare I say it, I am happy today...


Other reasons to be happy today

1.The Dan Patrick Radio show on ESPN radio
I Love Dan Patrick, always have and listening to his radio show at my desk in cubicle land makes me happy. By the way, he's a hottie and soooooo smart about sports, not to mention, he's funny... Those are some qualities I look for in guy.. Mainly the sports and humorous knowledge is really what gets me... YEAH BABY!!

2. The sun's out, need I say more....

3. I made reservations for my vacation with my mom this summer. We are going back to Charleston for a week. I told her if she even thought about having another heart attack* while we were there, she was on her own this time... Been there, done that, was awful for all involved..

4. I'm having a really good hair and make-up day... ladies, you all understand this and will rejoice with me for days like these.

5. Mother's Day weekend.. Yep, it's upon us, however, I will not be going home** this weekend b/c I have to go home next weekend for a my baby girl's*** high school graduation. But I am so thankful that I have my mother to celebrate on this day she so richly deserves...

So overall, it's a great day.. It's days like these I want to save up for one of those not so good days...

I hope y'all have a FAB weekend!!

Kisses!

~Beachgirl

*Last year she had a heart attack while we were in Charleston on vacation and had to have open heart surgery while we were there- Good times...
**Home is Knoxville
***My baby girl is actually my cousin's (commonly referred to as my sister, b/c we're so close) oldest daughter..

10 Comments:

Blogger 20-Questions said...

Those all seem like great reasons to enjoy the weekend. I'm thinking the hair and makeup would be enough for me. Usually they don't look great at the same time. Of course..... ;)

5:22 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Anytime I hear "Moon River" I cry! I am so glad you at a Breakfast at Tiffanys kind of day.

6:33 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

20Q- It turned out to be a fab weekend!! Sorry about your Flames.. Down here in the south, College Football reigns supreme, so I really don't get into hockey but I appreciate your passion for it!! Maybe next year..

TN- Moon river gets me everytime as well. I had all intentions of watching the movie this weekend, but I was so busy!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

life is good!!

yes just want to let you know i'm still alive and well.. hope all is well. my blog is kind of stagnant for the time-being, but the summers here, so.....

9:28 PM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

Make sure momma doesn't give us the scare she gave all of us last year! Make sure she gets a little extra pampering this year!

7:54 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Oh stonewall!! It's so good to hear from you, I have been a little worried... Have you graduated yet?? I want to hear all about your prep for the Citadel!!

Jen-gurl, don't you worry, I'll make sure to take extra good care of her!!

8:16 AM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

I just bought the new edition of the movie...it came in from Amazon the other day.

10:35 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

E- The new addition? Is like a remastered version or something?? Great, now you have BaT now you need to add Steel Magnolias to your collection!! ;)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

"If I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!" -- Holly

Thanks for the shout-out.

P.S. E -- you need Steel Magnolias, Fried Green Tomatoes and Sordid Lives. The Southern trifecta.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

I've never seen that movie... I really need to...

p.s. missed you!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home