musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

You know you're a Tennesseean if...

My friend Jennifer sent this to me and said that I was SO #12... and she's right!


1. You can properly pronounce Ooltewah, LaVergne, Etowah and Maryville.
>
> 2. You think people who complain about the heat in their states are
sissies.
>
> 3. A tornado warning siren is your signal to go out in the yard and look
for a funnel. I have actually done this!
>
> 4. You know that the true value of a parking space is not determined by
the distance to the door, but by the availability of shade.
>
> 5. Stores don't have bags or shopping carts, they have sacks and buggies.
>
> 6. You've seen people wear bib overalls at weddings and funerals. without a doubt, I have seen this!
>
> 7. You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.
>
> 8. You measure distance in minutes. yep, to get to Knoxville from Nashville is about 2.5 hours
>
> 9. You go to the lake because you think it is like going to the ocean. Yeah, but I still love the ocean
>
> 10. You listen to the weather forecast before picking out an outfit. Well duh!!
>
> 11. You know cowpies are not made of beef.
>
> 12. Someone you know has used a football schedule to plan their wedding
date. My mother missed a good friend's wedding b/c I think it was the UT v. Bama game, true story!
>
> 13. You know someone who has a belt buckle bigger than your fist.
>
> 14. You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, and bait
all in the same store.
>
> 15. A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed
Crew Cab is.
>
> 16. You know everything goes better with Ranch dressing. Yep
>
> 17. You learned how to shoot a gun before you learned how to multiply. Don't know how to fire a weapon, but I LOVE the NRA!
>
> 18. You actually get these jokes and are "fixin'" to send them to your
friends.
>
> And finally:
>
> 19. You are 100% Tennessean if you have ever had this conversation:
>
> "You wanna coke?"
>
> "Yeah."
>
> "What kind?"
>
> "Dr Pepper"
>


Y'all have a fab Tennessee kind of day!!

Kisses Y'all!

~Beachgirl

7 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

According to#16, I'm a Tennesseean too!

So how *do* you pronounce Maryville? I'm assuming it's not how it looks?

Oh lawdy, girl. You love the NRA? You're killing me here!

;-)

1:40 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Lizzie girl- you pronounce Maryville like this MER-Vul...

At least you can say your circle of friends is diverse.. I know I have to be one of the few Republican friends you have...but hey, I love the Yankees so I can't be all bad!!

I love ya girl!!

2:29 PM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

Good thing you didn't deny #12. I think we all know you well enough to know it is so true.

3:21 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Always funny BG, always funny!

5:45 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

I love this post. Is it coke or pop? Here in New York, its SODA! :)

6:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you know I have the "coke" conversation on a daily basis!

6:10 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Jen- hey trash! Gurl, you know I own up to my faults...even my trashiness!!

E- thanks, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip your waitresses and bartenders!

TN- Shug (that's a term of endearment we use in the south, it's short for Sugar), EVERYTHING carbonated in the south is COKE...

ray- girl, I know what you mean!!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home