musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Walkin on Sunshine

Y'all remember that song, don't ya? By Katrina and the Waves? Well I LOVE that song and that's how I feel today... I think one of the last times I heard that song, I was with my friend RG before he was deployed, we were in his SWEET BMW with the windows down, moon roof open (his words, not mine, I call it a sun roof..) and driving really fast, singing at the top of our lungs... It was just one of those moments that I will always remember.

I had a great weekend with my mom. It wasn't that she took me shopping or paid for my haircut, it was just being with her. Sometimes it just kind of hits me that she almost died last summer. As I mentioned in my previous post, my mom and I commemorate Memorial Day together.. over the weekend, I imagined doing that without her and it broke my heart. So I give thanks that she is still with me... we are about to go back to Charleston (where she had the heartattack and open heart surgery) for vacation. I am feeling very anxious about it. Not because I think it will happen again, but because it brings back so many memories.
I remember how I just fussed at her for being too slow or complaining about her being tired, she just kept pushing herself and I think part of that is my fault. I am so thankful I have another vacation and the rest of my life to make it up to her.

Also, I have have a new friend and I am able to help her with a similar situation I went through last year. She's a great girl and she thanks me profusely for my advice and insight. But really, it is I that should thank her. Helping others always makes me feel better and I think of her as a blessing...

I think it's just one of those days where I am realizing how blessed I truly am. I hope to remember days like this one... It's nothing really special, just life being really good... Thank the Lord!! "I'm walkin on sunshine, yeah, yeah, I'm walkin on sunshine and don't it feel good!!"

Y'all have a great day!!

~Beachgirl

6 Comments:

Blogger Clearlykels said...

The best feeling in the world is knowing how truely blessed you are. I have felt the same way lately! Don't be nervous about the feelings it is going to bring back be excited about the memories you are going to make!!!

1:34 PM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

By the way you talk about your mother, we all know how much you adore her. You are not only blessed with a terrific family, but are blessed with wonderful, caring friends who ADORE YOU! You bring Sunshine to all of our lives and we are blessed to be able to say you are a friend.

6:27 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Kels- Thanks you are so sweet!!

Jen-shut up trash! You're going to make me cry at work!! How's baby sha-nay-nay??

7:12 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

This post came at a great time since it is pouring and thundering here! :) I loved hearing about your mom! My mom and I spent Sunday together this past weekend. Beachgirl, are you my triplet? (Sorry, I already have a real-life twin sis! haha)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Have a great time on your trip! I know this one will be better than the last.

8:13 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- A triplet, maybe.... you are so sweet and momma's are very special!!

Ray-ray- Thanks girl, it will be better!!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home