musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Gaggle of sport writers.. continued

Sorry this has taken me so long to write about but I seriously have been sooooo busy with work and other stuff.. Ok so we left off with me and my friend EG going honky tonkin and meeting up with some sports writers she knows.. yep, beachgirl was in heaven not only b/c these guys could talk about sports, but b/c they were cute! So the guy I end up talking to the most is not the typical guy I am normally drawn to... I mean, he was cute but you wouldn't look at him and think "dang he's hot!"... but he and I got to talkin' and he was a darn good dancer... The more I talked to him, the more I began to enjoy his company, although one of his other friends was FINE and I really could have just stared at him all night b/c he was just that FINE... but anyway the guy I ended up talkin to (we'll call him AJ) was very nice and he asked for my number.. I gave it to him and he called me that night... I thought it was sweet, we have been talking on a regular basis... It's fine really, but here's the thing, he doesn't make my toes curl nor does he give me butterflies... In fact, I just don't think I am attracted to him. I for one don't think it is something you can force... Then I have to ask myself, am I just being shallow? I mean he's a pretty good guy... But there is just something that is holding me back, I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I'm just going to have to get over that and move forward....

So in the meantime I get an email from my good friend NP, she and I hang out all the time. I have mentioned her in previous posts, great girl! Anyway she was at some lawyer conference today and ran into a mutual friend of ours, a hottie who I will call JH... I used to work with him back in the day, oh and we used to flirt like crazy, but we were always good friends....I just never took him seriously b/c he was a total player, but he was a good friend to me... so NP and JH get to talkin' and my name came up... NP said he totally asked about me, and wanted my email address and phone number, etc. When she told me about it I have to admit I was a little excited. Like I said, he's a TOTAL hottie!! If nothing else, he is going to be so much fun to hang out with this summer!

So that's it... the saga that is my life continues, but all is well. Oh and this lost beachgirl is making her way back to her homeland, Folly Beach next week! I cannot wait!!

Kisses Y'all!!

~Beachgirl

5 Comments:

Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

The only thing worse than dating a journalist is dating a lawyer ... just food for thought.

9:25 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Then I ain't got a prayer... for heaven's sake!!

9:31 AM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

BG ~ I am glad we finally got the update! Have fun this weekend and go break some hearts! You are fabulous.

7:30 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- I love ya more than my luggage! You are pretty fab yourself!!

8:38 AM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

I thought Eric was a stalker when I first met him...but 6 years later we are happily married with Molly Kate on the way. You just never know what can make you happy. Just open your heart and you just might see what you might otherwise miss.

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home