musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, June 02, 2006

Thanks nice Starbucks Guy...

Often times our good friend lizzie will talk about hateful baristas at Starbucks.... But I did NOT have that experience last night...Maybe it's b/c I live further south or maybe the guy was drunk, but the Starbucks Guy was so nice last night!!

There is a drive-thru Starbucks that I always stop at on my way to grocery shopping at the Publix.. For some reason I feel the need for caffeine to grocery shop, go figure. Anyway, I pull up and order my grande non-fat mocha... He asks if I want whip cream and I tell him no, it defeats the purpose, right? Nice Starbucks Guy then says, "you'd be surprised at how many people order the non-fat stuff w/ whip cream" .... keep in mind I am still in my car ordering at the speaker... Nice Starbucks Guy then says, "so you want a chocolate chip cookie, right" I actually giggled like a little kid and said, noooooo..... . He gave me my total and told me to pull around...he took my money, gave me my latte and told me to have a great day... and you know what,
I DID!! Lizzie, I know you are green with envy right now, which is why I felt the need to share with the group... See, there are nice Starbucks people out there, when you come back home, you should tell your scary, hateful Starbucks barista all about this!!

After the I picked up the latte, I went to my friendly Publix to pick up a few groceries... everyone is so nice there too!! Upon pulling up in the parking lot, I ran into one of my
co-workers, one I actually like. I stopped and said hey, it was like something out of the Andy Griffith show. Just like if Aunt Bea would see someone she knew on the way from the courthouse/jail on her way to the beauty parlor and stopped to chat... It was lovely..

After I found my whole wheat tortillas (yippee, I don't have to make my own anymore!!) and some other things, I went home and vegged out on the couch... I went to bed a little early, 9:30, read my book, dozed off and then turned off the light. I thought I was down for the count, but apparently not... an hour later, I was up and at the computer... Not sure why, but there I was at about 12:30... I had an email from my new friend, it was so nice to hear from her, so I replied to her email and went back to bed...

Overall it was a really good Thursday, I mean really good.. and it all started with the nice guy at Starbucks... Good times y'all, good times!!

I hope everyone has a fab weekend.. I'm going out for some yummy martinis...

Kisses y'all!
~Beachgirl

4 Comments:

Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I thought Starbucks employees were suppose to be pricks. You know, to match the pricks drinking the coffee there.

Present company excluded, of course. :-)

8:25 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

The Fourbucks baristas in the town where I teach make my day! When I asked how the new banana coconut frap was, they gave me a small sampling! :)

Your new friend appreciates every single email you send. Thanks again for everything; you are a blessing.

3:47 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

It is funny how the simplist thing can set your day completely right. I love it. I hope the rest of your days are just as pleasant.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Barry S. said...

I cannot afford Starbucks. All I know is that the BP Food Mart people are really salty to me every time I enter.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home