musings from a lost beachgirl

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

George, Muddin, and a Gaggle of Sports Writers

What do all of these things have in common? I encountered all of them Friday night. What was supposed to just be me getting together with my good friend EG after work, turned into a night of honky tonkin....
We started at Sambuca (the place with the famous $10 martinis), I got there before she did and went to the upstairs bar, I was the only guest up there... I ordered a martini and noticed the flat screen TV above the bar, so I asked my waitress if she wouldn't mind to turn it on for me... She asked me what channel, I said ESPN please, I need to watch some sports center. So there I was, kicked back, drinking a martini and watching sports center, does it get any better?? Apparently for me, it would...
EG shows up and we have a fab time catching up... I love her to pieces, and she has to be one of the funniest people I know... She then tells me that her guy friends wanted her to meet them out later in the evening. I ask what they do for a living, she tells me that they are sports writers for a rather large sports website... I was like, we've been sitting here for over an hour and you are just now telling me this??!!! So I told her we needed to rally and meet them out!! If nothing else, I knew these guys would be fun and I could talk sports with them all night... At this point I was a little excited... I'm talking 'Tiffany's Blue Box' excited... So EG calls one of the guys and he tells her they proabaly won't go out until 9:30... Well, by that time, I would probably be on my way and going to bed... I just can't hang like I used to! EG and I talk about it and we both agree that we need to RALLY! So what were we going to do for like 3 hours, it was about 7:00 by this point... Being the genius that EG is, she came up with a brilliant plan... Let's go get mani's and pedi's (that's manicures and pedicures for those of you that don't know)!!! Perfect!

So we are leaving Sambuca and waiting for the valet to bring my truck (i.e. my Jeep Liberty) around and who pulls up in a big black Mercedes? None other than George Stephanopolis!!! Yes, he is about 4 ft nothing tall but he is GOOD LOOKING!!! I whisper to EG that I think that is George Stephanopolis, she agrees and as he is walking by EG totally flirts with him!! She gives him the nod, the wink and the sexy little "hey"... and he toatlly reciprocated... I followed suit with my own little wave, wink and "hey"... He was totally digging us!!

Then the valets bring my truck around and no lie, it was covered in mud! It was as if they had taken it Muddin' !!! I literally yelled "What the heck, did you freakin take my truck muddin?"

Ok, muddin is what country folk do, it usually occurs in a big open field shortly after it rains, just drivin around in a 4WD vehicle through the wet, muddy field... Hence the name muddin...

Apparently the valet lot is gravel and it had rained that day... but I am convinced if those boys had been going slower and were paying attention to where they were driving, my truck would not be covered in mud...

So after the mani's and pedi's we head out to meet the gaggle of sports writers... I think I am going to wait and write about that tomorrow... It's a story all its own...

12 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

What a coincidence! I saw George in Starbucks the day before I left DC. (I think he must live in my neighborhood because I've seen his wife at Whole Foods a couple times.) Yeah, he's a cute little guy!

3:38 AM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Sounds like a bang up weekend!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

I pray one of the writers isn't Joe Biddle.

7:28 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

"Tiffany Blue Box Excited" ~ Brilliant, dahling. :)

George is hot. I think most Greek men are, but damn he is hot.

7:39 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

lizzie- of course you saw in him in Starbucks!!! Short but cute...love him!!

Ray- gurl, it WAS a good time!!

Jake- Hahhahaha!!! No it wasn't Joe Biddle, he's old enough to be my pappaw... that is hysterical!!!

TN- Greek men ARE hot... and the fact that is smart, makes George even hotter!!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

That is so funny,,,

5:25 PM  
Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Okay BG~ Dish!! What happened w/ the sports writers?? Dying to know!
~Fab : )~

7:52 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Thanks E...

Fab- sorry, I'll get right on it... Good to "see" you, I need to pop over and check up on ya...

12:56 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Seriously- that is just fabulous. I cannot wait to hear about the rest of the night. Also, why is George so sexy. I mean, ever since I watched the "war room" in highschool, I have been a huge fan of his.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Oh- and I am so happy that TN knows the proper spelling of Dahling! That is very important!!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

Thank god Biddle was home in bed at that hour.

8:08 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Kels- It was a fun night to say the least. Of course TN knows how to spell dhaling correctly.. She was brought up right..

jake- yeah I guess it was lucky for me.. he's such a catch, if you enjoy the pappaw type...

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home