musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, June 12, 2006

I love you this much...

Ok- I know I said I would give an update to my nite out with the sports writers last week, but it's just going to have to wait one more day... I have to write about the newest love of my life, Molly Kate... She is the unborn daughter of my dear friends Eric and Jen. They have an amazing website documenting Jen's pregnancy, they even played a little game where they would put up letters of her name slowly, and we would all have to guess... her name was revealed last week. Molly Kathryn, but in true southern style she is going to be called Molly Kate, or at least that's what here aunty beachgirl is going to call her.
Over the weekend Jen and Eric posted 4-D pictures of her... They are amazing, and I am in love! How is it that you can love something so much not even be able to hold her or kiss her yet...
So this is my lame attempt to explain to Molly Kate how much her aunty loves her and has loved her since before she was born...

Dear Molly Kate,
Hello there precious girl. I am your Aunty Heather and I live in Tennessee. I have loved you since you were in your mommy's tummy. In fact I probably loved you before that because I love your mommy and daddy so much. They are wonderful people, and you should listen to everything they say...
There is so much I want to teach you, so much I want to show you. You are so very loved, always remember that... Even though a lot of your aunties and uncles aren't there everyday to hug you and kiss you, just know that we think of you every single day.
So here's what you need to know, everything from Tiffany's is wonderful, the Tennessee Vols are the best in the world (don't listen to your old Uncle Bo, he thinks Alabama is the best, but he's delusional), never stop learning... Learn about things that people wouldn't expect you to know. Your Mommy is good about learning new things, she will always help you with that. Your Daddy is one of the smartest guys I know, he knows EVERYTHING about technical things, you are going to be totally hooked up with all kinds of electronic gadgets, trust me...

I cannot express to you how much I love you precious girl. You could not have better parents.. and a family that loves you so much.. that includes me. One thing you should always remember, it was something my grandmother always told me.. "pretty is as pretty does"... That means if you act pretty then you will be pretty. I know this to be true, you will be the prettiest little girl there is not only because you will be pretty on the outside, but I know how pretty you will be on the inside.

I am always here for you...
All my love and many blessings,
Aunty Heather

6 Comments:

Blogger ThursdayNext said...

This got me teary.

The letter is lovely; I love the reference to sports already! :) This makes me think of the letter my mom wrote to my nephew, Jack, before he was born. Once you see the sonogram photos, you fall in love. Eric and Jen are so lucky to have you in their new baby's life!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

What a lucky Molly kate! She already has so much love in her life. What a wonderful welcome into the world!

9:16 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- thanks, I am the one who feels so blessed to have Eric and Jen in my life, and the fact that they want me to be part of their baby's life that means the world to me!
I honestly cannot wait to meet this little girl.. and you KNOW I am going to teach her all about sports, like I said, her Uncle Bo is going to try to get her to love Bama, but I'll make sure to put a stop to that!

Kels- this child is going to be spoiled beyond all reason, change that, she is going to be "well loved"... and she is going to LOVE her aunty heather...

10:42 AM  
Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

That is so beautiful & sweet! She's very lucky to have an "Aunty" like you!
~Fab : )

4:55 PM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

Eric and I are extremely blessed to have you in our lifes. Molly Kate will be spoiled little girl by her Aunty Heather I can already see it. When she gets older, I can see sleepovers and manicures from Aunty Heather! Maybe Mommy can come too :)

This is such a sweet letter that I have to print it and put in in my scrapbook. I'm already emotional and this blew me away. To know that you already have a sense of pride of her and to know you love her unconditionally makes my heart overfilled with emotions. Thank you for being you.

8:43 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Fab- nope, I'm the lucky one, but thanks for the compliment..

Jen- I love you guys so much, how could I NOT love little Molly Kate already?? Of course mommy can always come for sleepovers.. I cannot wait to see you all this weekend..

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home