musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, June 16, 2006

A little R&R...

Well folks, I'm preparing for my annual beach trip or as my military buddies would call it, R&R or leave..... We leave on Sunday, when I say we, I mean my momma and me. No, I don't think it is strange that I am 31 years old and still go on vacation with my momma... I think it's a southern thing, b/c most of my friends still do it. We may want to kill our mommas sometime but that doesn't mean we don't love 'em...

I have had plenty of time to get my clothes ready, get the suitcase out of the attic and pack so that I am ready togo Sunday morning...And no, I am not going to church Sunday morning, I think Jesus will understand, b/c if I don't go on vacation soon I am going to lose my ever-lovin mind.... But I digress, so I have not packed one thing for the trip yet. I am always one of those last minute packers, I think it adds to the excitement of the trip!!

I cannot wait to get to the beach, put my toes in the sand, whip out my book and just enjoy the sunshine... oh and you know what, I may even have a cold beer.. that's right, I said a cold beer (in the south we call it a cold beer, no matter what, I know beer is always supposed to be cold, but I guess we just want to make sure everyone knows we prefer COLD beer..).. The only time I ever drink in front of my mother is during football season, or when she asks if I want a cocktail with dinner. But this year, I think I am going to take a cold beer to the beach, put it in my Talladega Super Speedway Koozie and savor every sip... I know it's a little white trash, but you know what, it's vacation...

So I hope everyone has a great weekend and a fabulous week!! I think I am going to go ahead and start listening to some Jimmy Buffett to get me in the vacation mood!

Kisses Y'all!!

~Beachgirl

11 Comments:

Blogger Clearlykels said...

Enjoy every moment!! Yes, Jesus will forgive you. Remember religion is for the soul and sometimes the soul needs a little bit more, like a beer on the beach. Soak it up.

9:09 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Kels- preach on sista!! Preach on!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Ya'll have fun!! I hope it'll be relaxing. Hey, it's gotta be better than last year, right? :)

12:29 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Ray- Girl!! Yes, it will be better... but just to be on the safe side, y'all go ahead and put us on the prayer list...

1:53 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Heather! :)

I am so glad the beachgirl is headed to the BEACH! Hey, there is nothing wrong with going on vacation with your mom; I am heading on a father-daughter trip to Key West on the 25th! If vacationing with your momma is a southern thing, I guess vacationing with your Pop is a Yankee thing!

Enjoy packing...ooo that is my favorite part. I expect to see some photos. May your beach days be filled with sand in your hair, salt on your upper lip, mist on your sunglasses, and lots of sun shining on you!

xoxo
Amy

PS Buffett is great for vacation mood, but don't forget Madonna's "Holiday"!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

Keep this in mind: God invented the beach and he made the guy who invented col' beer ... notice, there's no "d." It's a "col' beer."

It reminds me of this ol' red I use to work with. He said he had two favorite kinds of beer. Free beer and col' beer.

Have a good vacation wit yo mama and dem!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

Have a great time. So jealous...

4:41 AM  
Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

My mom & I take "girl trips" all the time!! Have fun!!
~ Fab : )

1:01 PM  
Blogger jpasalakis said...

You girls have fun and I can't wait to hear the stories when you get back....cuz I know there will be some good stories! I also need some more pictures on here!!!

6:11 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

y'all, I'm back and I do have tons to tell ya!! It was a great trip!!

Kisses!!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Modern Day Stonewall said...

mm nothing like the beach. I think I sometimes take it for granted, seeing that I live so close.. but still I enjoy every second of it when I'm there.. mmmm, there's nothing like laying out for hours in the sun, feeling the sun beat down on your skin, while sipping a nice ice cold.. sweet tea. lol and listening to.. like you said some good ole jimmy buffet, or maybe some bob marley thrown in there.. lol ok well hope you had a blast.. ttyl..

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home