musings from a lost beachgirl

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

What I did on my Summer Vacation

I am happy to report that this beachgirl enjoyed her journey back to her homeland: THE BEACH!! Mother and I had a great time and enjoyed really good food... the best part was that there were no trips to the emergency room/and or/ hospital... I didn't even get a sunburn.. Praise the Lord.

But I did get some news from my little brother (he's 7 years younger)... He's getting married. I absolutely love his girlfriend, she's the sister-in-law every sister dreams of... But brother broke the golden rule, and don't mean that crap about doing unto others,blah,blah,blah... NO! I mean the one that says you cannot get married before your big sister! OK, here comes a really self centered and pity party of one.... I feel like the biggest loser... All of my cousins are married and having kids (of course that's nothing new, we are a southern family) and now THIS??!! I told brother to tell his betrothed NOT to ask me to be in the wedding.. How pathetic would that be, "oh look, poor pitiful Heather, can't find a husband, and has to be a bridesmaid in her little brother's wedding" .... It just bites...My friend NP and I were talking the other night and both wondered where we missed our "window" of opportunity. Maybe I just haven't found my window yet... and I know everyone says, "it will happen when you least expect it" and "just be patient" .... I know all of this and I also know that it will happen in God's Time, not my time, but it doesn't hurt any less.
One guy that broke my heart, said I was aggressive and that I came on too strong. That really shocked me. But maybe it was true, but I cannot change who I am. He was the first guy I had "let in" in a very long time and he really crushed me... But that was my fault for letting him in in the first place. I simply won't make the same mistake again.

I walk by faith everyday, and sometimes I falter.. On this issue, it seems as if I am CONSTANTLY falling down in my faith. I just don't know how to remedy the situation and trust God completely. I guess as long as I keep getting up and asking for help....

Sorry, I didn't mean for this to get so sappy...

We did have a great vacation and I promise to post some happier memories later!!

Love y'all!

13 Comments:

Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

BG~ Wow- I just wrote about ALOT of this. From one Single girl to another (and yes, we're the same age)- It is DEFINITELY hard to be the last one... I had to stand up in BOTH of my sisters (younger & older)weddings within the past two years as the ONLY single person ATTENDING their weddings, let alone In them. I have also been the ONLY one without a date to about 15 weddings in the past 3 years. I am the LAST of all of my high school friends, the LAST of all of my family members, the LAST of all of my sorority sisters and the LAST of my post-post college friends. However, I must say... I think I've met him & he has been WELL worth the wait! Trust yourself, your faith & belief that it WILL happen.. trust me, it's WORTH waiting for, all of it. : )
~Fab

1:02 PM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Girl, I know it's hard when you feel like you're the last one but that is just making you a stronger person. I think one of the reasons our divorce rate is so high is because people just jump into marriage on a whim. You're waiting for the perfect person and you won't settle for second best. God knows that and he is molding the perfect man for you. So when he finds you, you know it will be forever.

1:09 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Fab- you are so sweet and reading about your new love is truly inspiring...Also reading about all those weddings makes me feel a little better, it hasn't been THAT bad for me... thanks so much for your encouragement!!

Ray- I love you!! I need to come see your little man soon, I know that would definitely cheer me up!! Tell him feather loves him!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

BG,

What do you mean you "won't make that mistake again" ohh, I must warn you that sounds like your going to defeat yourself...to use your analogy it's someone who really wants to let the sun and air in, but won't open the window again on the account that had been the mistake the first time around. I have no suggestions and I'm not going to go into a bunch of blather about taking chances and all that (simply because I'm unqualified to speak) but I just wanted to raise the question.

Other than that, I'm glad you had such a good time on your trip -- a well deserved vaction no doubt!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

I am so glad that you had good fun in the sun and that you got some quality beach time. My beach week is not until August and I am soooo ready.

Enjoy some Ben & Jerry's-- mope a bit about your brother getting married before you and then you'll be able to throw yourself into his excitement.

Remember that you are fabulous-- married or not!!

7:13 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Rolli- Good to hear from you!! I think I'm just being overly cautious... Nine times out of ten I meet someone, fall head over heels and am planning the wedding within a week. Then of course it never works out... You are more than qualified to give advice, and I am always glad to hear things from your perspective!!

Kels- That is a great suggestion!!!! Ben & Jerry's...hmmmm.. I think I am going to switch to hagen daas, Ben & Jerry's is what I used to eat with the last guy that broke my heart (mentioned in the post)so then I would be doubly depressed... any suggestions on flavors!! Man, I wish ThursdayNext was around, she would know exactly which ice cream to choose, she is a food whore, you know...hehehehe..

7:55 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

pk- it's about dang time you showed up.. and you have an open invitation to ALL of my pity parties!!

Why do you need a spouse to hold you down?

There are so many different ways I could go with that statement...but I will stay out of the gutter and just say that I'm just ready for the next step, family, friends, great husband...

1:37 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

i live at the beach, i so love it.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

beachgirl-- if you want to step it up-- go to Godiva. Their chocolate ice cream is the best. You are right, TN would know exactly what to choose. Silly of her to go on vacation without us!!!

7:25 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jodes- well hey there!! welcome!! I love your avatar, and I want to steal it for obvious reasons... I am always so tickled when new friends stop by... I am an East Coast girl, but hear the West Coast is just as pretty... So jealous that you live near the beach!!

Kels-
Oh have you tried the Godiva Liquer(sp?) so yummy with milk!! WE like to call it chocolate milk with a KICK!! Shame on that TN!!

8:12 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

you can steal it if you want, there are actually two prints of that, so use the other one...I found it at www.allposters.com so go steal it like I did.....or i can email you the other one...up to you...stop by by blog if you want it emailed.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Ahhhhh, now I see why you and your mom had a certain conversation last week! We must gossip further via email.

Even if you're "not married" at least you didn't get divorced before your 30th birthday!

BTW, speaking of Godiva liquor, I've got a treat for you when I drive through!

12:19 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jodes- thanks for the offer...if I could ever figure out the avatar thing I would definitely steal it.. I'll stop your site later and we'll talk..

maybe eunuch would want to help me out??

E- way to put the laundry out there for everyone to see... yes, we will have to chat later..

all I can say about your divorce is 'tis better to have loved and lost to have never loved at all..

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home