musings from a lost beachgirl

Monday, July 03, 2006

summer misc.musings

So these are just a few summer misc. musings from yours truly..

My Rockin' Dating life
Yes it's true, my dating life is rockin' right now.... I have been on 3 dates in the past week.. but here's the catch, these guys are all gay! That's right apparently my dating life has spiraled down to this point. I am now dating gay men... ... Now I am NOT repeat, NOT fairy dust for these guys... they are are all "out" and proud of who they are, as they should be... as my momma says, you're born gay and God does NOT make mistakes...I for one think she is right...

I love the gays, there is always pleasant conversation, and these men are handsome, so it gives the impression to the outside world that I am in a relationship, with the handsome guy I am with... but in the end, well these men are are batting for the other team...

Without the wonderful gay men in my life, my house would not be decorated, nor would I have any furniture (b/c my gays are very handy, they move furniture and put furniture together for me!!)... I simply prefer to date straight men!!

A Booze Hound
So I am finding more out about AJ, the guy I just stopped dating not long ago... upon further investigation by my friend EG (that sort of introduced us)has discovered through one of her friends that AJ is a TOTAL booze hound and a total lush... There are two AJ's in this group of friends (aka the gaggle of sports writers) the one I met and went out with apparenly is a total booze hound (yeah, I figured that one out all on my own thankyouverymuch), the other AJ in the group, who by the way was uber hot, (and I was actually talking to FIRST the night I met booze hound AJ, think tall dark and handsome) is the ACTUAL nice guy... Can you imagine my frustration?? Why couldn't I have had this info prior to me going out with the booze hound?? URGHH!!!

Home Improvement Queen (by default)
Ok, so my deck needs to be stained. So I went to the Home Depot this weekend.. I threw on a baseball cap, tank top, and a cute army green pair of shorts, I thought this outfit was sure to make me look tough and not prissy at all... B/c when you look prissy in the Home Depot, I am convinced the employees make fun of you... But I think the Tiffanys jewlery and the perfectly manicured finger nails and matching color on my toes probably gave me away that I am in fact prissy... thankfully this nice young girl helped me out with my selection of deck stain... I got my stuff, and headed home I sprayed the deck down, got it good and clean and then the skies opened up and it rained for about 30 minutes, so my plan to stain the deck went out the window... I really do love afternoon thundershowers... I say that I am the queen of home improvement by default, b/c I would have loved nothing more than to have assigned this task to a man... Now, if I just had a man to do it for me... I guess I better call one of gays since there aren't any straight men to step up to the plate....bunch of wussies!

That's about it.. I am actually at work today, there is no one here, literally, it's like a ghost town.. tomorrow state offices will be closed. A day off during the week will be nice... I have lots of house work to do, I will probably grill out and have some friends over for some cold beers and burgers on the 4th...

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! (and while He's in the process of blessing America, I wonder if could possibly find the time to bless me with straight man, that's nice, handsome, funny with a good job, great future... oh who am I kidding!!) Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!

Kisses y'all!!

15 Comments:

Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Hang in ther, girl! I'm so proud of you for being such a good homeowner! You'll appreciate all the work you do even more because you did it yourself...even though it sucks while you're in the process of doing it.

9:58 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Ray- yeah, I bet you say something like that everytime scar does the yardwork, builds the deck.... btw, do you loan him out?? ;)

10:33 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

Love the gay musings and your home depot story is too cute!!! I can totally picture you (even though I do not know what you look like) in your shorts and tank and cap with the nails all done up and probably some lip gloss...come on admit it. I rarely leave the house without lip gloss. :)

I am at work too and hoping to leave early....email me if you want..(hit reply to my comment)

12:55 PM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

that is if you get email notifications of comments....

12:56 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jodes- ok, I admit it, I was wearing lip gloss... I don't have email notification, but I do have an email address on my profile page... drop me a line sometime...

1:50 PM  
Blogger Jake McCafferty said...

Admit it: It was a gay man who taught you the proper way to "drink" a Jell-O shot ...

10:06 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

BG ~ You know what they say, a gay man is a girl's best friend! ;) You are a heroine in my book for even going through the motions of getting stain at Home Depot and doing your own deck! Despite it being by default, sometimes it is fun to get a little down and dirty with home improvements! Just please cover those nails with thick gloves...nothing hurts more than a manicure ruined. Happy Fourth, dahling!

5:06 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

I don't get it?

How do you ring three gays for dates in one week? Are they answering newspaper ads for home decorators and other forms of household maintenence, but you for some reason are viewing these ads as dating oppurtunities? Somewhere there is a disconnect.

Well try looking for the bi-sexuals over at gardening classifieds and maybe work your way up to the straight men.

(is to late for BG to work her game the "possibly worth it AJ")

5:37 AM  
Blogger Barry said...

I have absolutely no clue as how to comment here, but I thought I should leave one anyways - I guess kind of lame huh?

7:51 AM  
Blogger Clearlykels said...

Good job staining your deck!! I hope the beer and burgers were fabulous!

10:36 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Jake- precious, there are a lot of things the gays have taught me, but that was not one of them...Watched our girl Kathy Griffin the other night, I swear, she is so freakin funny!!

TN- Gurl, you know it! I got busted at the Home Depot yesterday by my main gays... They discovered I was doing the project without them... I thought there was going to be a meltdown right there in the garden section!!

RG- This may require another post in order for me to explain it properly.. and no, AJ is completely out of the picture...

barry- most straight guys don't know how to address the gay guy issue, so it's perfectly alright... glad you stopped by friend!

kels- beer and burgers were great! how's the move going??

12:46 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

Happy 4th!

7:56 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

E- Happy 4th to you!! Check your email....

Rolli- after I re-read your comment, I realized I did not answer you properly. The other worthwhile AJ is not option for me, b/c once you've dated one of the guys "in the group" you can't move on to another... I think it's in the man laws... what do you think?

7:11 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

I think there is some sort of statue of limitations...if your interested, I say keep it in the mix and see what hapens down the road.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home