musings from a lost beachgirl

Friday, June 30, 2006

The Good Ole College Days Part 2

My good friend, and sweet boy Rolligun commented on my last post that he thought I was this sweet, conservative, church goin' girl and he was confused by my "party girl" college days... Now a lady never kisses and tells nor does she brag about her, let's say free spirited college youth, but here are a few funny stories from the past...

I did not drink when I was in high school, I was all about some Jesus and just having a good time with my friends. But then I went to college and I told Jesus I would be partying for the next couple of years and He and I could hook up maybe before a big test, or while I was praying to die when I had a horrible hangover... Not the best decision I ever made, but God did give us free will to make decisions, and boy did I use that pass!!

Fire Water... it is a cinnamon flavored liquor that you are supposed to drink as a shot... for normal people, they would have taken one or two shots and been done with it.. but not me... Oh no, I drank it and chased it with beer... I later woke up in the bathroom floor of the KA House, with my boyfriend just shaking his head, not one of my finer moments..To this day I still have a hard time eating anything with a cinnamon taste...

Where everybody knows your name- it's great when it's the librarian, or the attendant at the old folks home where you volunteer knows who you are and greets you by name... but when the bartenders ar O'Charleys know your name and holler out, "Beachgirl's here, let's get the party started, somebody get her a jello shot"... yeah, that's something every parent should be proud of and can brag about to all of their friends...

Jello shots- oh these were soooo popular when I was in school... the shooter girls (the girls that brought the jello shots around), knew us and would seek us out... I could suck those bad boys down like they were candy... and I NEVER used my finger to get them out of the little cup... use your imagination... another talent to put on a resume...

The #1 Party School in the Nation- the year I graduated, the University of Tennessee was given that honorable distinction, I am fairly certain that it was soley due to my behavior and activities... again, my parents were so proud...

So there you have it, a glimpse into Beachgirl's wild child, partying days.. I realize now that all of that had to happen, it was part of the path God put me on, but at the time, I am certain my mother did NOT see it that way... but she loved me regardless...

I am much more responsible and my faith guides me today... My God, my family, my friends and service to the community is what brings me the most joy..... I hope that clears it up for you Rolligun, any other questions??

Much love y'all!

~Beachgirl

7 Comments:

Blogger Barry said...

Maybe I am not right - funny post for you today.

1:00 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Thanks barry, and thanks for stopping by...

1:31 PM  
Blogger ThursdayNext said...

Heather,
It is so good to be home and so good to be reading your blog! :) I think these experiences in college make us better adults now! Will email you in the morning!
xoxo
TN

5:11 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

But the party girl still comes out a bit every now and then...

8:39 PM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

ahh, I really liked that comment about "hooking up before a big test..." That's so funny. I've seriousl prayed only a few times in the last ten years and I don't begin to fool myself that there is any reason behind other than that I want something.

and I'll have you know that I did live in Madison for a couple of years, so don't think that Tennesse winning that award was anything more than an aberation!

Go Badgers, Go Rolligun on State Street, Go Campus police -- Rolligun went that'a way

Other than that I really appreciate you clearing the air for me.

How flattered I am to receive my very own BeachGirl reflections...

now how 'bout a shot!

1:03 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

...and I'm still not entirely sure about you?!?

1:04 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

TN- So glad you're back.... Yep, I think my college days have made me a better adult...

E- you know me too well..

Rolli- oh sweet boy, you know I love ya but the Badgers? The only thing good that came out of Wisconsin was cheese and the Packers.. Bless your heart.. partying and the art of partying is what makes the south so fabulous!!
If we're doing shots, it better be Jack Daniels, chilled...

So you're still not sure about me? Hmmmm, my mother always said to keep 'em guessin' so I suppose it's workin...

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home