musings from a lost beachgirl

Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Good Ole College days

Do y'all remember the good ole college days? I know it's hard for Pk b/c he's like a dinosaur (just kidding Pk, just wanted to see if you're reading).. but anyway, the good ole college days, when you're only worry was where you were going to party that night or weekend. Going to the KA Panda House* jumping up on a table and shakin' your money maker to the Beastie Boys... Ok, so maybe not everyone had that experience**,but I know that at least we all drunk dialed at one point in time...

You know those calls you made when you were absolutely tanked and HAD to talk to that ex about all the wrongs he committed against you, b/c I am sure he would love to hear from you at 2 am while you scream into the phone and slur your words together about what a butthead he is and how much better off you are now... Yep, that's a really good call... and oh so productive..

What about the one you made to the cute guy in your political science class, you know the one that JUST gave you his number yesterday...and again, you place your call after 2 am when you have been severly over served at the local college bar.. You ask him what he's doing, and b/c he cares about his future and wants to get out of school in 4 years instead of the 7 year path you are on (due to nights like these), he says he's asleep... and after he hangs up you, you still don't realize how awkward class with him just became... But even when you get to class he's kind of cracking on you about it and everyone laughs about it... Good times.. it's college, this is what is supposed to happen...

Fast Forward.... you are now in your 30's the drunk dialing thing has pretty much fallen by the way side and even if you did try to call someone when you were drunk, it's usually only about 11:30 pm b/c "you just can't hang like you used to"... and you place the call to someone you know very well and it becomes a running joke...

But here's the thing, when you have only been out with someone twice, maybe three times and you screwed up all of those dates and have had to apologize profusely... DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT call them at 3am 5 times in a row!! Oh and it's probably best NOT to leave a drunken message that says in an angry tone that "WE NEED TO TALK AND I'M ON MY WAY TO YOUR HOUSE"... As you can probably guess all of this happened to me... It was the sportswriter guy, AJ.... It was right before I left for vacation. I didn't check the messages until the next day and no, he never showed up at my house. If he had, I think I would have called the cops... I actually did call him the next day to make sure he was alright... he didn't take my call and I haven't heard from him since... Dude has got some issues... For someone that claimed to be a southern gentleman from Virginia, he certainly was not... Can I pick 'em or what!!Oh well, moving on...

So what are your funny drunk dialing stories??

*They called it the KA Panda House b/c a bunch of the KA's lived there... it used to be a daycare and they had left a huge painting of a cute panda on the front of th house and the KA's just left it there... the house has since been torn down and I think they built a parking lot on the site... good times...
**Which explains why I am at church everytime the doors are open, I have a lot of making up to do for the college years!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Clearlykels said...

In college drunk dialing was encouraged by all of my guy friends. I did not think much of it until now-- oh geez. However, even now, before I go out, if I think it is going to be a serious drinking night, I give a list of people who I am not allowed to call under any circumstances and a list of people that I am. The worst is that instant messenger had just become really popular when I went to college, so I would get home at who knows what time and get online and start chatting-- drunk. luckily, that did not get me into too much trouble.. Ahhh college, back when life was easy.

p.s. I get around the list of people that I am not allowed to drunk dial by drunk text messaging. At least there is a record of that the next day.

9:04 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

Kels- you're still young so continue drunk dialing... I would actually give my phone to a friend and tell her not to give it to me under ANY circumstance... but then she would get as drunk as me and we would BOTH end up drunk dialing...

Thank goodness I missed the whole IM thing...

10:47 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

my husband and some buddies were arguing over a friend and who she dated in high school and why she never dated either one of them, so then they called her at 1am to ask her and I was with them trying to control the situation, it was pretty funny.

11:09 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jodes- now THAT is pretty funny..it's always hysterical to watch the sober one try to reason with the drunken one(s)

pk-oh pk, your humor slays me!! seriously... when are you going to update your site? and what the heck happened to Yoss??

2:17 PM  
Blogger Eunuch said...

GOD BLESS KAPPA ALPHA ORDER! Beta Alpha Chapter! UM-Rolla! Yeah!!!

OK, that's out of my system...drunk dial call? I've got one that will beat almost everyone. I'm here in Iraq, working the midnight shift like I always do, and the phone rings about 5 desks over. I pick it up, becuase I'm the closest. On the other end, I hear Cara W., one of the "Christmas Helpers" (3 month rotators), drunk off her ass. She had just left the day before.

"Kris, I need help! Would you please look up XXX number? I need it."
"Cara, are you drunk?" Obviously, if you're asking this question, the answer is most likely yes. And she's still in Qatar, at least I think she is...
"Well, I've had a bunch of these blue drinks, but I don't think I'm drunk...just go get so-and-so and I'll thank you later."
After I ask 'everyone' if they want to talk to a drunk Cara and I get a RESOUNDING "NO!" I basically say I can't help her, and hang up. She doesn't call back.

i probably have another dozen liek that, but most of them involve hashers. I've heard people having sex on the other end (not realizing they called me), I've heard a dozen people playing tippy cup or beer pong, yeah, I've heard it all.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Rolligun said...

I'm not sure who you are -- sometimes I think you're this really sweet, convservitive, god going women and other times I wonder if you are/were an outraguous party kind of girl. Who are you?

How did AJ jack up all of the dates...I think that should be some do's and don't on dating BG type of posting...

I don't have any drunk phone calls in my history, while at least the ones where you're all pissed off about recent events such as the ones you mentioned. So far my pride has managed to out duel my anger in these cases.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Our Crazy Life said...

Okay, girl, I was so confused when I logged on today. Don't be changing your page around without warning a sista! I wasn't sure I had the right site until I started reading the drunk college stories...then I knew. hehe just kidding

6:16 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

E-You frat daddies are all alike... good story though.. The KA house was my fave..that and the Lambda Chi house was awesome too.. I was friends with the President of the cahpter and he always made sure I got home safely.. love those pledges!!

RG- you have no idea about my past.. I partied HARD in college, never illegal drugs or anything like that, just the drinkin... See I totally had you fooled... Let's just say I have grown up a lot since college.. But I am all of those things, sweet, conservative, and God Fearin' but I DO have a wild side... ;)

Good idea about BG's guide to dating... I'll think about it...

Ray- Gurl, sorry, I shoulda given you a heads up... but you know I was a wild child in college...You know what I'm sayin??

7:42 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

thanks for the b-day wishes....when you say avatar you mean the profile pic right??? If so it is super easy!!! just go to edit your profile and then you put the link in there..let me know if you need more help.

8:05 AM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jodes- I figured it out!! yippee...

1:30 PM  
Blogger beachgirl said...

jodes- I figured it out!! yippee...

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home